update: Friday 11/02/12: We wrote an article about E's campaign for the Huffington Post. Thank you again for your support.
update: Tuesday 10/30/12: Send your family or child's photo after you contribute and we'll add it to the gallery.
Our four year old son wants to help victims of Hurricane Sandy.
On Tuesday, October 30th, we sat with our son and looked at pictures of the destruction caused by Hurricane Sandy. Without prompting, he said he wanted to help and would give the money from his piggy bank to people who lost their homes. We were very lucky, suffering no damage to our home.
We thought you and your children might want to help by giving the money from your piggy banks as well.
We're hoping to raise $1,000 in the next ten days to donate to the following charities. And we hope children across the country will join E in acts of charity to help other kids their age and members of their communities.
We're going to split the money between:
- The American Red Cross
- Feeding America
- Humane Society Disaster Relief Fund
Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- Give whatever you can. Lots of small contributions will add up to make a big impact!
- Share on Facebook and Twitter
- Send to other parents to get their kids and their communities
- If you can't donate, consider volunteering here: https://lowereastside.recovers.org/