UPDATE #13: PRODUCTION STATUS UPDATE
DreadOut Point of announcement
It's been a while guys, and thank you for your support until this day. Some of you might wonder with DreadOut development status. Right now we are still waiting for the legal, tax and others business document between our government and United States government. Meanwhile here's some our report regarding DreadOut production :
· you can check our latest DreadOut teaser
DreadOut story mode will be split into two
parts, first part will be release hopefully before end of the year tentative, and
2nd part will be unlockable later.
as for our special ghost design (design by all of you indiegogo backers) will be available as free roam mode DLC. Our backers will receive those DLC without any additional cost.
· To our beloved backers, we will give you DreadOut Beta key...the first chapter of the game. You guys will be the first one to experience what happen after end of DreadOut demo before we release DreadOut via Early Access in Steam.
· For our Tortured Soul and backers and above, we'll send you the download link of DreadOut Digital OST, Digital Manga by email. Please kindly check your spam folder in the next couple days :D.
· This is the picture of your DreadOut official merchandise, hope you guys love it. You guys will get this by the time we release our game, but if any of you urgently need this merchandise as soon as possible (in a matter of life and death), please give us a message. We'll arrange the delivery date of this merchandise to your door :)
· For you guys Heart of Darkness, Angel of Darkness, Dark One backers, we will also send you some of our progress of your special ghosts design via email. Your ghosts will available in DreadOut free roaming ghost haunting mode.
· Since we are still having some small issues regarding tax and administration, right now we cannot say the exact date of DreadOut public worldwide release. But if anything goes as we plan, DreadOut will be available late this year...wish us luck guys :)
For further info, we will open an AMA session on reddit DreadOut on 5th Thursday 11 am - 1pm EST , please join and ask us anything,meanwhile you can ask us anything, chat through steam or you can drop us email at firstname.lastname@example.org We apologize for the inconvenience, we would like to thank you for all the support you have given us throughout the development of the DreadOut. We are looking forward to its release, estimated to be announced, as soon as the issue has been resolved."
DreadOut Game Producer
UPDATE #12: THANK YOU
Thanks to all of you DreadOut backers here on indiegogo, we have moved our office to the new building with bigger space allowing everyone on the team to work under the same roof. Please kindly take this a short tour to our new office in this video:
Thank you again for all of your kind supports.
The DreadOut Team.
The Dark One
Heavy Metal Inferno Poster Design
We Made it :)
DreadOut is Fully Funded via Indiegogo, we are so excited, but we don't understand why somehow she looked so sad :)
Maybe this is not the best thank you letter, because actually we can't find the appropriate
words to express our gratitude to all you guys.
First of all We would like to announce that Digital Happiness has finally reach its goal in crowd funding DreadOut Game. We have surpassed $25.000 before the deadline, until the last minute we have gathered approximately Thanks to the people all around the world that have contribute and making it happen for our Game, without you we couldn't achieve this. Although we are strangers, we give our deepest respect for each other.
The next phase for DreadOut is to full steam ahead in our game development while waiting for Steam Greenlight, We hope that DreadOut can pass the greenlight (crossing finger). Now DreadOut have been fully funded, we can put all our people resources to finish this game until November 2013, no more distraction. We are now responsible for 500++ people as our backers, We have the responsibility to give the best game experience for all of you.
Thanks to GOD, all of our funders, fans, supporter, youtubers, game journalist, local international media, family, friends and relatives. We can't mention all you in this short announcement but You know who you are
PS: For our funders We will add you in our newsletter, to give you update on DreadOut.
DreadOut Development Team
Okay guys, this is it.
Our campaign is nearing it's end, and we're about 22% short of our initial target. We need every bit of your help. The next few days will be the last chance to put your name on our credit title :)
Although we are on flexible funding, we put our heart and soul to achieve our campaign goal, because, we believe, the success of this crowdfunding campaign will play an important factor in getting through steam's greenlight program.
We value your support and contributions very highly. And as we've said before, even if the campaign fell short, you can be sure that our team will do whatever it takes to complete the development of DreadOut.
Hopefully, we'll accomplish returning the favor, when you guys are in the middle of playing the full release and screaming ! :p
DreadOut Development Team
Here's a recap of our rewards.
Hopefully it can give you a detailed information on what we want to present as rewards for your contributions :)
Additional Reward for $300 "Heart of Darkness" & $500 "Angel of Darkness" Perks!
will receive 17 cm Linda Unpainted Resin figure
here's our prototype sample
also for "Angel of Darkness" will also receive Associate Producer on Credit Title
Additional Reward for $50 "Damned Soul" upwards Perks!
a digital copy of "Mystery magazine" : A ghost lore encyclopedia in the form of a cheap Indonesian supernatural magazine, peppered with clues relating to the game. :)
Additional Reward for $300 "Heart of Darkness" upwards Perks!
a printed copy of the aforementioned "Mistery magazine"
Thank You The Dark One!
here's our design progress so far regarding Linda's Silver Necklace replica
Made by silver craft specialists in Bali, You can also put your name on the box package/ leather bag or you can attach another name on it...:)
We have made enhancements regarding some of our perks/rewards
We are giving additional DreadOut Exclusive A3 Print 70's Style Poster to all contributors for the $150 upwards tier rewards. :)
Yay! DreadOut is featured on Bloodydisgusting.com as one of
Greetings from us! Digital happiness Team from Indonesia
Thank you for your contributions so far :)
UPDATE #2:3d Printing W.i.P
UPDATE #1 :
We made MAJOR enhancements regarding some of our perks/rewards
1. We give additional digital copies to all contributors for the $75 upwards tier rewards;
- $75 = 2 copies (1 extra DreadOut Digital Copy)
- $150 = 3 copies
- $300 = 5 copies
- $500 = 10 copies
- $1000 = 20 copies
2. For "Tortured Soul" Perks / $30 upwards will receive special key to unlock extra costumes
DreadOut is 3D adventure horror game within an authentic local Indonesian setting.
- Explore the mystical world of a cursed city from a 3rd person perspective.
- Come face to face with your worst nightmares; terrifying authentic Indonesian ghosts like Tuyul, Pocong, Kunti, etc.
- Share your ghost photographs through our online integration via facebook.
- Experience an original and thrilling storyline.
- Enjoy diverse gameplay elements as you explore the world.
We hope DreadOut can provide a similar survival-horror experience to some of the very best games available, whilst simultaneously taking advantage of the rich traditions of Indonesian horror to add an unique flavor.
We're absolutely over the moon to be able to offer prizes not just of the game, but also of many fun extras on it. Scroll down to see everything we have to offer!
Anything else? If you have any questions or enquiries about the prizes or are interested in making some kind of arrangement for a private donation, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com
Our Dreadout Demo Ver 1.0.107 is available for download now. PC/Windows, Mac, and Linux are supported.
You can download through this websites :
Don't forget to share your experiences with us, to make an improvement on our next full release
Our first priority is to create a great game with an authentic local theme without demanding any specific gameplay aspects. We are aiming to keep both the gameplay design and the storyline logical, meaningful, and connected as natural a way as possible.
- DRM-Free and available on PC, Mac, and Linux.
- Variety of gameplay:The world of DreadOut will require players to think creatively in order to solve the many puzzles they will encounter.
- Remember your childhood fear: The player will be taken back to their childhood to explore their fears in a realistic world designed to evoke feelings of nostalgia by being full of memorabilia and emotional content.
- An emphasis on both side-quests AND story:Although DreadOut has a main linear storyline, the player will constantly be given options to further explore the world and attempt to solve the mysteries within in the optional side quests presented.
- Online Integration:Photos that have been collected by the player will be displayed on their Facebook wall so players can help each other to finish the game and share their experiences along the way.
Well you guys should help us if you don’t want to get haunted by those spirits lol
While the DreadOut development team are continuing to work hard in developing DreadOut toward its final release, the development rate has not been fast enough. For a reference, it took more than a year for DreadOut demo to see the light.
Well, things can be made faster in the process by gaining more resources to support the development. But we unfortunately are financially limited such that simply adding more resources to speed up the development is not feasible.
This is where you can help making difference! You can backing us to speed upon development by donating some amount to your liking.
Your donation supports will be used to fund more contractual jobs, to recruit more team members and/or to purchase development and test equipments, speeding up DreadOut's acquisition of audios, 3d models, animations, textures, voiceovers, and overall production which in effect will help us to speed up reaching our each milestones
Here's some of our specific use regarding your support and donations will help us in many vital ways including:
- Accelerating the production process enabling a sooner release schedule.
- Enabling us to work with famous local indie music artists on music creation and sound design for the game and soundtrack.
- Allowing us to expand our design team with local concept artists.
- Adding value to the game by working together with comic/ manga artists so we can port the game into a digital comic, expanding the story.
- Basically helping us to build a bigger and richer world. We can add more ghosts, more animations, more diverse landscapes, more music, engaging animated cut-scenes and much, much, more including free roam options etc.
- Allowing us to complete additional work such as translating DreadOut into other languages (1st release will be in dual audio English and Bahasa Indonesia with English subtitles and menus).
- Enabling us to spend the necessary time creating high quality movies throughout the game, including intro and outro movies in full 3D CGI.
Although we can't be compared with some AAA titles out there with hundred people, hundred million budget, yet we already invested our energy, time and money for the sake of our love on this game. DreadOut had been developed almost 2 years now, with start with only 2 people we are now expanding our team with almost 5-15 people now. Even we can handle the most expensive parts of the game such as 3D modeling, animating and texturing assets, because most of our internal team has some form of 3D artistry in our work experience, so the need for 3D assets is offset by using internal resources only, and yet we still need more time and more funds to speed up our production. So here's the breakdown of how the additional money will be spent:
Digital Happiness comprises a number of 3D artists who have years of experience doing 3D animation work on a previously contracted-only basis. Our first original game was Hallway Raid, a game paying tribute to The Raid: Redemption movie. The game was released free and received a positive response from the public but unfortunately we couldn’t continue it due to a licensing issue. it's funny even though we create a free game based on our love on that film, sadly some company complaining to us to takes down that game…:) you can see it how it plays on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gyxXSnnp_Y
it's not game related but here's some of our contractual animation; http://teknis.irisdesain.com
Q: Why Crowd funding?
A: Dreadout has been in development for almost 2 years now and, besides the limited resources, what makes the development process longer is balancing the production costs with the company cash flow. We have split our team in two: the first team is handling DreadOut and the second team is ensuring the company cash flow remains secure by completing regular client-based animation contract work. With the support of crowdfunding we hope to secure our budget to release DreadOut without depending on the second team’s funding resource. In fact we are planning to merge both teams into one big team to speed up the release.
Q: Why not try to find an investment on VC?
The computer games industry in our country is still in the early days of development. We are way behind, even when compared to other countries in South East Asia! The investors we spoke with were more comfortable if we created games and apps for mobile platforms. Some prospective investors even tried to change our horror theme which we couldn’t accept due to our belief in this project and the hard work we have already invested. We Stand it for PC Game! :D
Q: Why IndieGoGo?
A: We are an Indonesian based company and Kickstarter is not available to us. While KS is widely perceived to be the more influential source for video games funding, we still have faith that we can achieve our modest goal through IndieGoGo just as well.
By creating DreadOut we hope we can make a good survival horror game for the love of us in that genre, and maybe can inspire our peers across South East Asia, and especially in our home country of Indonesia. Together we can develop our industry and, of course, the creative industries in general.
We would like to thank you all for this opportunity and we promise to try our best to make this game something special. Please send all Suggestions and criticism to: firstname.lastname@example.org and stay connected with us at http://www.dreadout.com.
Give us a shout at our twitter/dreadoutgame
Don’t forget to head on our steam greenlight page to support us
Thank you to God Almighty. Thank you to our families and friends who have helped us every step of the way so far. We wouldn’t be able to do it without your kind support.THANK YOU!