DoubleFace 2.0 is not a trick. It's a REINVENTION of the standard DOUBLE-FACED deck of playing cards, with better pairings specifically designed for the working magician to make your magic stronger.
Hi, my name is Alym Amlani, and I am a professional magician in Vancouver, Canada. I've always loved performing effects like Doc Eason's Anniversary Waltz, Jon Allen's Double Back, Gary Freed's NFW, and others, but I always found that the standard double-faced deck was very limiting in the options it provided when I needed to replace cards or innovate on these routines.
Why Support DoubleFace 2.0?
In the standard double faced deck of cards, the pairings are haphazard at best and can't be used to replace worn out cards from your favorite routines. Who needs a fist full of cards that are the same on both sides or a bunch of blank backed 6's? Most magicians throw out so many of the standard double-faced deck because the cards are simply not useful.
I decided that I wanted to solve this problem and was going to fund this out of pocket. A friend of mine told me about Indiegogo and all of this started to take root - I can't do this project on my own - if there's enough interest to make it happen, hopefully we can raise enough to make this a reality.
With the input of some of the top working professional magicians, we created a deck where every double faced card is valuable and useful. Double Face 2.0 is reinventing the double-faced deck for the working magician. Essentially, we've gone through our best routines, and looked for the cards that we wished we could buy together in a deck. We've even put together a few unique pairings that, with some ingenuity, could be used to create some incredible effects.
Although we can’t publish the exhaustive list here, Double Face 2.0 includes two double backed Jokers, all of the ace and court cards backed by a Joker, several queen/ace cards, double-faced minor-suit court cards (KH/KD, QH/QD, etc), perfect for your favourite mentalism routines, and many, many more.
This deck is expected to retail for $18 plus shipping, so this is your chance to get it for more than 30% off.
To do a run of these types of cards, as you can imagine, is really expensive. I'm working with the US Playing Card Company to do a run of these cards, but to do so alone would be cost prohibitive.
That's why I need your support - since this type of deck only appeals primarily to working magicians, I want to give you all the opportunity to help me launch this project, without me getting burned with a ton of unsold inventory.
You could win DoubleFace 2.0 for FREE!
The last ten cards to be included in DoubleFace 2.0 have yet to be finalized; please visit tinyurl.com/doubleface20 to submit your votes for the best and most important double faced cards to include. If you don't see your favorite card pairing listed, email us at email@example.com to let us know why you want it included and we'll add it to the list.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
Submitted card with the highest # of votes: 3 free decks
Submitted card with the second highest # of votes: 1 free deck
We'll also do a random draw from ALL entries for 3 free decks.
1. When will the decks ship?
- Once we hit the goal here on Indiegogo, I'll put the order in with the US Playing Card Company to get things started. From that point it'll take six weeks or so to print. They'll be shipped shortly after that!
2. I live outside of Canada and the US - can I still order?
- Absolutely -- contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll find out costs from the post office for common destinations.
3. What kind of stock will these be printed on?
- These cards are being printed on Bicycle stock by the US Playing Card Company - they'll look and feel just like Bicycle cards (exactly like the existing Double Face deck on the market); they'll just have arguably better pairings.
4. Which cards are included?
- Since many of you have been asking about which cards are included, so here's a list! The last ten are still being chosen -- remember to let us know which cards you want at email@example.com or via our survey at http://tinyurl.com/doubleface20.