**UPDATE: Thanks to your help, we have met and exceeded our $3000 goal! We appreciate all of the support and know the dogs and cats of Brother Wolf do too!! However, we are still reaching for our ultimate goal of $5000, so please continue pre-ordering!**
We are making a calendar to raise money for Brother Wolf Animal Rescue, a no-kill shelter in Asheville, North Carolina.
The calendar, called the Dogs of Asheville, will feature 12 dogs either being sheltered at or adopted from BWAR. Each month a dog will be highlighting one of the unique personalities that makes our town special, from coffee-drinking "hipsters" to downward-dog-doing yogis. (To see a few of the photos, please click on the "Gallery" tab at the top of the page).
We hope to be able to raise upwards of $50,000 through the sales of this calendar both online and in retail locations around WNC.
Brother Wolf desperately needs funds to help support their shelter and their numerous life-saving activities:
- Their shelter houses over 100 dogs and cats waiting for their forever homes, with over 250 more in foster homes
- Their Help Me Heal Fund helps cover medical costs for homeless pets
- Their Transport Program brings dozens of dogs to the Northeast every week where there are fewer dogs in need of homes
- BWAR is trying to create a dog park and rebuild some of their older kennels
We need YOUR help to cover the printing costs of this calendar!We plan to print 3,000 calendars, which will cost us around $5,000. Once these printing costs are covered, we can finish shooting photos for the remaining calendar months and get the files to the printer! The sales of these calendars, at $20 each, has the potential to raise over $50,000 for BWAR after the cost of printing and distribution.
Other Ways You Can HelpIf you are unable to contribute to our project at this time, there are still ways you can help!!
- Share this page with your friends and family
- Save money to purchase the calendar when it is availible in retail stores in the fall
- Volunteer your time or donate food and supplies to Brother Wolf!
Many thanks to Alex Brown for his time shooting and editing the campaign video and to Sheri Lalumondier of Indigodesigns for the calender layout. We couldn't launch this project without their amazing talent!