A Story Worth Telling
Displacement Welcomed is a short 16 minute independent film dealing with the relationship between two unlikely people. The film follows a young woman who returns home to deal with her father's disappearance. However along the way its a homeless woman named Norma who shows her that life is truly what you make of it.
- Hello! My name is Evan Kidd and I'm a 21 year old independent filmmaker from North Carolina. At the age of 18 I founded RockSet Productions and have gone of to create numerous award winning narrative and documentary films including Spazz Out! and numerous short films & music videos for a variety of artists. I always strive to create unique and innovative content with my films, and challenge concepts which have yet to be touched. I'm also the writer/director of Displacement Welcomed and I truly can't wait to share this story with you.
- Displacement Welcomed is a project that I am extremely passionate about for a variety of reasons. At the surface it sparks a dialogue about the state of the homeless population in our own communities and challenges audiences to be diffrent. I wrote this film due to always seeming to notice the homeless population as far back as I can remember both in my North Carolina community and outside as well. It is extremely easy to pass this population by without a second thought, but what is not so easy is to get to know them. Learn their story. Every individual has something to say, and a story that is uniquely theirs. The interaction between our two main characters is one that is both unique and unlikely. Our film sets out to change that. And hopefully make it so that in the future it could be something far more commonplace.
- Any contributions made to this campaign will bring our collective forces together one step closer to our goal of reaching a wider audience with this story. We want to be able to get into as many audience's heads as possible, and ask questions. In order to get people talking, we've got to get our film out to them and with your help we can do just that.
What We Need & What You Get
- Plain and simple we need to raise or surpass our festival and promotional budget of $1000.
- Everyone who makes a contribution to our film walks away with a perk! We have perks ranging from a $1 shout-out on our official Twitter or Facebook page, to the $400 level of an executive producer credit & lunch out with the Displacement Welcomed cast and crew in Greenville, NC!
- We also have a wide variety of perks in between, from limited edition autographed 18x24 posters, to early copies of the film on DVD (with BONUS FEATURES you won't see anywhere else) with signed scripts, behind the scenes photographs, and much more! Not to mention all perks stack, so buying a "higher tier" perk nets you all the perks cheaper than yours as well! There is truly something for everyone.
- Our primary use with all funds collected will first and foremost go towards film festival entry fee's that are collected upon applying to any festival across the globe. These can add up fast especially considering we are planning on entering 15 plus festivals both here in the US and beyond! Festivals are the best way to get your film seen by the right people to help you distribute and take you film to the next level. The festivals will help us distribute Displacement Welcomed in a way that we currently cannot, and help it reach the audience with our story. Additionally upon acceptance into any festivals, travel, gas, airfare, food, lodging, and more come into play along with marketing materials to distribute once you have arrived. It is truly a full time gig to travel and promote a film, but this message is worth it. We want it to be seen, and will work as hard as we can to ensure the film's message is heard.
Displacement Welcomed is truly a team effort and a family. Meet the people who've made this project happen!
Evan Kidd - Writer/Director/Producer
Avery Hobbs - Lead - "Skylar"
April Vickery - Lead - "Norma"
Christopher Bullock - Supporting - "Tom"
Gregory Whitfield - Supporting - "Dave"
Leila Arafat - Supporting - "Sofia"
Keith Kelt - Director of Photography
Garrett Poulos - Audio Technician
Alex Kolls - Gaffer
Any contribution that you can make to our cause is beneficial. Big or small we'd love to welcome you into the Displacement Welcomed family, because the support benefits everyone. We want to give back to our fan base with this IndieGoGo campaign's perks as well as giving back to the greater good by getting the message of this film out and seen by as many people as possible along the film festival circuit & beyond. Whether you can donate or not, simply sharing this page with a friend can make all the difference. We're extremely excited to begin this journey and we can't wait to bring you along for the ride! Lets get started.