Digital Projection: A modern necessity for a nostalgic movie experience!

Keeping our Riverside Drive-In open for future generations.
Thumbnail
Todd Ament
Theater
Vandergrift, Pennsylvania
United States
1 Team Member

Help Keep the Riverside Drive In Theater Open!

After nearly 100 years of showing 35mm motion picture film in movie theaters, the film industry is now undergoing a mammoth change to a new format.  Studios and distributors are now making the switch to DCP, or Digital Cinema Package, a file format that is screened at theaters via a high end digital projector and server.  Movie theaters need to invest up to $100,000 per screen to convert to this new systerm.  Up to 60% of U.S. movie theaters have reportedly already made the conversion, with the bulk of those being larger corporate multiplex theaters.  The remaining 40% includes many of the smaller historic neighborhood cinemas across the country that can't afford the high cost of the switch, a good number of which have already been forced to close their doors forever. 

The Riverside Drive In Theater is part of this 40% and faces the biggest challenge of its 8 year history. The theater must go digital or go dark. 

Since the Drive In opened we have had a growing attendance of "faithful" followers.  We have done many events for our local scouts and church groups.  We host a Special Event now twice a year, April Ghouls Monster-Rama and Super Drive In Monster-Rama.  These events bring many folks from all over the world!!

The Riverside Drive In Theater needs to raise $70,000 to make the film-to-digital conversion in 2013. We now launch this Indiegogo campaign to raise the $70,000 as all other options have been exhausted.  The main reason for this is that we are a profit business and there are no programs available to help us that we have qualified for.  If every one of our Facebook fans gave just $25 we'd hit our goal and help keep the Riverside Drive In Theater open.  Please donate to our campaign today - and share and repost with your family and friends too.  Thank you!

 

Find This Campaign On
$3,380USD
raised by 59 people in 2 months
5% funded
No time left
$70,000 USD goal
Flexible Funding This campaign has ended and will receive all funds raised.
Campaign Closed
This campaign ended on April 13, 2013
Select a Perk
  • $5USD
    Thank You

    Even $5 helps us on our way.

    0 claimed
    Estimated delivery: May 2013
  • $10USD
    We Love You!

    We appreciate your donation!!!

    1 claimed
    Estimated delivery: May 2013
  • $25USD
    Drive In Fan

    A Free Popcorn Card (up to 5 tubs).

    18 claimed
    Estimated delivery: May 2013
  • $50USD
    Box Office Hero

    A Free Carload Pass Card (for up to 5 visits).

    20 claimed
    Estimated delivery: May 2013
  • $100USD
    Walk of Fame

    A Free Popcorn Card (up to 5 tubs). A Free Carload Pass Card (for up to 5 visits). 1 Riverside Drive In T-Shirt

    11 claimed
    Estimated delivery: May 2013
  • $500USD
    Riverside Elite

    A Pizza Card (for up to 10 pizzas) A Free Carload Pass Card (for up to 10 visits). 2 Riverside Drive In T-Shirts

    1 claimed
    Estimated delivery: May 2013
  • $1,000USD
    Cinema Champion

    A Pizza Card (for up to 10 pizzas) A Free Popcorn Card (up to 10 tubs) A Free Carload Pass Card (for up to 10 visits) 2 Riverside Drive In T-Shirts

    0 claimed
    Estimated delivery: May 2013
  • $5,000USD
    Lord of the Reels!!!

    Lifetime Admission Pass (up to 4 adults per visit) A Pizza Card (for up to 10 pizzas) A Unlimited Free Popcorn Card $100 in Gift Certificates 1 Free Weekend of Camping 4 Riverside Drive In T-Shirts

    0 claimed
    Estimated delivery: May 2013
Do you think this campaign contains prohibited content? Let us know.