Missed the campaign but still want a DashIT? DashIT is now available on Amazon.com! You can also like us on facebook to follow our progress into traditional retail outlets!
*** Exciting Updates ****
1. We just got a mention on the iPhoneLife blog! Check it out here! and we were Gadget of the Week on Retrevo! See the write up and Stephanie talking about DashIT at our CES booth here.
2. DashIT and Nic and Steph were highlighted by the Washington Business Journal! Check it out here!
3. The CEA blog ran a buest blog by our own Rebecca Geraghty about DashIT!
4. DashIT was highlighted & Stephanie quoted in a press release to the entire southern region of the country about CES 2013! It's really happening!!
We invented DashIT so drivers can get their smartphones out of their laps & cupholders and their eyes back on the road!
It's a great time to be a driver. With smartphones and maps apps, we can get anywhere in the world. Drivers are embracing this technology, and relying on smartphones as their preferred navigation tool. However, far too often drivers stash phones in the car cupholder, and turn away from the road to check their next turn. We believe that drivers deserve better, and set out to invent a convenient and safe way to navigate on the road.
We came up with DashIT, a simple way for drivers to keep smartphone maps within sight while driving. We looked at all the methods available on the market, from the suction cup, to the sticky adhesive, and nothing did the trick. So we designed, engineered and are producing the first run of this car accessory that rests on the car dashboard propping the phone up at an angle so the driver can navigate with ease. It's quite simple really: a mount that works with most any phone in just about any car, that keeps your maps within sight.
This means no more:
- Craning your neck to peek at the cell phone stashed in your cupholder
- Left hand vice grip on the steering wheel while right hand flashes the phone in front of your eyes to catch that exit number
- Suction cup face attacks
- Permanent structure on your dashboard
- Unsafe cell phone navigation
- Attracting thieves by telling them you have something valuable with the tell-tale suction cup ring on your windshield
- Bulky non-portable mounts
Why is DashIT unique?
There are hundreds of phone holder accessories out there. Yet dashboard accessories fall into two categories. They either rely on the suction cup, which flies off too easily and requires effort to reach OR they lie the phone flush against the dashboard, so that you can't see it from the driver's seat. This renders the phone navigation system useless since it is out of view.
Instead, DashIT's patent pending design adheres to the dashboard for only as long as you need it, and places the phone at the ideal angle for viewing.
It is as simple as it gets... it lays on a flat surface and provides a gripping support element that displays the phone at optimal viewing angle!
What We Need & What You Get
We need funding to get a production mold crafted and to order our first production run. We are looking for help from folks like you to take this idea and push it out to the marketplace. We've funded the prototyping all on our own and intend to use this production run to prove the concept and then begin to market the idea at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January. We've put on our creative thinking caps about perks, but we figure what most of you want is either to try out a DashIT or to be a part of something that is going to succeed, so we've structured our perks so you can do both.
This project could literally save lives. Handsfree laws are popping up around the world because fiddling with your phone while driving is dangerous. But the best, most up-to-date GPS navigation is available on your smartphone. Device specific windshield mounted suction cup holders are cumbersome and often difficult to reach. As a result, even if you have one it may not be in the right car, or fit the device you have with you. With DashIT it's easy to dash into your car with any device and just drop it in, no levers, no suction cups, no hassle! It's as easy as dropping it into your cup holder (which, admit it, is where most of us stow our phone while driving!)
Stop craning your neck to view your next turn, stop paying costly map updates to a traditional GPS, and stop worrying about the suction cup flying across the car in rush hour. DashIT means you have one less thing to worry about on the road.
Please buy yours and help us spread the word today!