Short SummaryThis Sci-Fi/Drama story takes place in 1993 around a time when technology and communication were completely different and outdoor hobbies were at an all time high. Our young male protagonist, faces many obstacles such as love, money, and fear.
He must also contend with the hazards brought on by gambling and nanotechnology. The peer pressure of greed has seduced the boy's mind and he must help his friend escape a debt with the antagonist, Tigerman, a hotshot football player. With murders afoot and suspicious characters around, an unsettling era is soon to emerge.
Introducing Our Cast
Matthew has been in such roles as the lead actor in a PSA at Loyola Marymount University in 2012 titled "What Should Have Happened." Last year in 2013, he worked on a Short Film called "Into the Sand." He's been featured in countless music videos, including; "Bulls In The Bronx" by Pierce The Veil/"One Night" by Matthew Koma/"Professional Griefers" by Deadmau5/"What Do You Say" by Filter/"Teen Haze" by Travis Hayes/ "Love Will Find Us Here" by A Sol Mechanic / "Feel Good" by Goldhouse.
Michelle is the lead female and has also been in the film “The Neighbors” as a lead. She can also be seen in the music videos for “Don’t Go Girl” by To Be One and ”Never Lose Your Flames” by Issues. Michelle has a lot of energy to bring the other actors to soaring spirits!
Khai is a fresh-on-the-scene actor with a lot of talent to lend towards our film. He has appeared in films such as "The Films of Avi Krum"/ & "The Travelers."
Taylor is one of our leads and has also been in “Shallow Water” & “Splotch”. He was also on “OMG EMT” on The TLC Network. As a performer Taylor also delivers satisfaction in the theater arts and has performed in such plays as; “Spring Awakening”/”Romeo & Juliet”/”Sweeney Todd”/”Annie”/”Macbedd” & “Maid’s Tragedy”.
Dave CrosslandThe very talented Musician/Actor has had starring roles in films such as "Pardon"/ "Big Shoes to Fill"/ & "Firing Debacle." He has also appeared in the television series "Hotel Secrets & Legends."
Andrew is wonderful theatrical performer who has been in many glorious performances. Andrew was the lead in the features "In the Mood" by Siena Oberman/ "Sweet Harasser" by Sameer Bhavnani/ "Betty's Big Birthday" by James Yi. His up and coming role in "The Columbine Project" by Paul Storiale will show his wide range in skills.
This fine gentleman is an up an coming actor with credits in short films such as "Be the Hunter"/ & "The Meeting." Freeman will be playing a specific role in our feature.
James WolfeJames is a graduate from the University of Notre Dame and is currently pursuing a career in acting and modeling. He has landed lead roles in films such as "Reckless"/ "Abort"/ & "The Girl at the End of the World."
What We Need & What You Get*As the indiegogo comes to a finish we want all the backers to know we've have all the equipment, cast and crew to make this production a possibility. With the funding we have received will all go towards filming and post production will be out of pocket funds. *
The first thing to make a quality film is working with your limitations. Curious is a project that I have been working tirelessly for years to make a reality. I have taken a $40,000-$50,000 film and broke it down in $15,,000. We, the production company, will have displayed below a breakdown of the budget as a pie graph. I have acquired all permits on interior locations and permits for the exterior locations will be finalized by the end of the campaign, along with perks for the backers. Transportation and catering have also been accounted for. Sand in Pockets Productions has already ran casting, we have all of the talent early, and are running rehearsals while our campaign is en route.
As the indiegogo comes to a finish we want all the backers to know we've have all the equipment, cast and crew to make this production a possibility. With the funding we have received will all go towards filming and post production will be out of pocket funds.
We've managed to round up a lot of resources on our own, but we still need funds to pay cast and crew, rent equipment, buy and build props, and other resources shown in the graph above. Every single dollar counts and will help us a great deal.
- Curious is significant because it shines a light on how much we've lost touch with almost every aspect in communication to the point where we ignore the real problems.
- I have been writing screenplays for 8 1/2 years & have recently gained the confidence to gather the necessary resources to create Sand in Pockets Productions, which is a family collaborative effort between two brothers.
- I want to create a film that has a moral for the youth that explains how much we are dependent on a device for social acceptance. Something that would show how much we care about each other. Curious is a film that maintains the underlying message of not needing a device to socialize and to connect with our world to see what is really going on before it is too late.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- If you believe that the world's hobbies, interests and communications have changed because of different technologies please spread the word. We already have our cast and crew working hard on what they need done.
- Spread the word any way you can! Share on Facebook, tweet on Twitter, post on Digg, Reddit, Tumblr or any sites that you may frequent. Even if you aren't able to donate, any effort spent spreading the word about our film and our campaign helps a great deal.
- Like us on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/Curiousthemovie, Our respective hashtags are #Curious and #areyoucurious90s
And that’s all there is to it!