Destroy the brain or remove the head. That is how you kill a zombie, right? Have you ever wondered why zombie games never require you to destroy the brain or remove the head? We're making a zombie survival game with a gritty, low-poly, pixelated-texture style and we hope to gain your support, big or small.
If you're a Steam user make sure you help us get through Greenlight with a Yes vote!
We're a new indie game operation and there are 5 of us currently -
- Michael Ballentine - Lead Designer, Art - Full-time
- Alan Swartz - Lead Programmer, Design - Full-time
- Greg Matisoff - 3D Artist - Part-time
- Michael Pflug - Sound & Music - Part-time
- Badr Douah - Concept Art - Part-time
You can play CubeZ Alpha 2 build at Game Jolt.
CubeZ Alpha 2 Features:
- Single Player w/ waves (very basic)
- PVP Arena, 8 & 16 Player Options
- Full player model destruction inside and out
- 1 SP Map, 3 MP Maps
- 6 Weapons
Upcoming Features in Alpha 3:
- Character Customization
- 40+ Customization Items
- User Accounts
- Weapon Slots
- - Pistol
- - Secondary
- - Rifle
- - Thrown
- 13 Weapons (6 currently)
CubeZ Alpha X
- Open World Survival
- Instances w/ boss fights
- Other unique mechanics, adventures, and (to be discussed with Breather level supporters and higher)
We're initially asking for $30,000 to continue development and expand our team. With $30k we can get to a stable build of our MMO.
- Survival. $15k to keep us working nonstop and bring 2 others onto the team
- Crafting. $1.5k for 1 more copy of Unity Pro (We own 2 currently)
- Systems. $5k to upgrade our server package. Will allow smoother gameplay, chat and other extra features.
- Reload. $2k for a few plugins we want to incorporate into the game
- Radio. $5k for rewards and marketing expenses
- Legal. $5.3k for other licenses and and dev tools
- Gogo. $1.2k Indiegogo's cut
Most of us on the team have been trying to break into the game industry for several years, we're all passionate about making original games with rich content. With your support we'll continue to do so and push CubeZ to the next level, hiring a 3rd 3d Artist, a second programmer, and especially devote more time to development.
All of us earn money currently doing Freelance work, mostly for other people's games, but we believe it's our turn now, and we hope you can help us make it happen. Our Indiegogo campaign is here to sell early access to CubeZ and grow our player base. We want to get persistent player made servers up, and the ability for hosting persistent servers as soon as possible and eventually give players the tools to take the game even further.
Here are samples of our merchandise specific rewards, so you know what you're getting.
Badr Douah Concept Art Sample
Goals are subject to change as development progresses, but this should be a very close guideline we plan to adhere to.
Even if you cannot support us monetarily you can help by sharing this page with others!
And don't forget to vote Yes for us on Steam Greenlight!
Use the share button towards the top of the page, share the link directly, or manually help someone find us. We appreciate anything you can do for us! And let us know if you did something to spread the word about CubeZ we would love to hear from you.
Thank you everyone.