► Be one of the first to see the film: http://facebook.com/credencefilm
► Press Pack: http://bit.ly/1vXbktO
SUMMARYEver wondered what it might look like if a science fiction film presented LGBT people the way it should be done? #Credence will be the first Sci-Fi of its kind to challenge the way gay characters are portrayed in film.
We need your help to finish the film, ready for the big screen.
WHAT WE NEED
We are looking to raise our target budget in just 30 days to complete the short film and get it on the big screen.
These funds will go towards:
- Location hire
- Equipment hire
- General production costs
- On-site accommodation for actors and crew
WHY THIS PROJECT?
- This project is the first Sci-Fi of its kind to challenge the way gay characters are portrayed in film.
- Everyone from the VFX team, to the camera operators, to the Director and cast will be working on the project for free because they believe in the message the film carries: equal representation is important.
- The complete short film will be entered to the festival circuit and will be released online to promote making filmmaking more inclusive.
- We've made available some awesome perks which include meeting the Director behind #Credence and many high profile LGBT rights campaigns. You can also get access to raw, unreleased footage and get a sneak peak of the short film before its release next year.
- This is your chance to be part of something new and never before attempted in cinema. Let's make Sci-Fi more progressive.
The #Credence project follows Director, Mike Buonaiuto's previous viral campaigns for equality, #LoveAlwaysWins (1.5 million views) Homecoming, (1 million views) and Invisible Parents (700,000 views).
These films have seen real impact in the world. This includes getting the International Olympic Committee to speak out against Russia's anti-gay laws and also demonstrating a public need to legislate for marriage equality in the UK.
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK#Credence's original soundtrack comes from the mind of Scottish composer Craig Sutherland and New York based artist and vocalist Lucien Dante.
Craig's attention to detail and ear for emotion sets his work apart, whilst Lucien's haunting vocals will give #Credence its unique sound. We're so excited about this partnership.
Composer, Craig Sutherland
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP
If you cannot contribute there are many other ways your can help this project:
- You can share the trailer on Facebook and Twitter with your friends and family.
- You can share this Indiegogo campaign using the share tools.
- You can stop people in the street and tell them about our work (takes a little more dedication.)
- If you have any ideas you can drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FROM THE WHOLE TEAM, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
ACCLAIM FOR #CREDENCE
"Credence is trying to achieve what should have been a no-brainer for a long time - showing equality between hetero- and homosexual couples by simply telling the dramatic story of a family without raising any of the stereotypes we have become used to. Love is the most normal thing in the world and it knows no boundaries." - Nino Leitner, Ninofilm.net“Credence is a heartbreaking sci-fi film that presents LBGT people the way it should be done.” - Gerard Vlemmings, The Presurfer.
"LGBT people must be able to see their lives represented fairly and without prejudice on our screens." – Richard Lane, Media Manager at Stonewall
“A touching story of a modern family facing the planet’s final crisis.” - Attitude Mag
“A bold, assured and powerfully emotional film.” - Kevin Holmes, Smash.com
"This could prove to be a seminal moment in the way that LGBT people are portrayed in film. It cannot be altogether without irony that it is the science fiction genre which finally achieves it." - RJ, Kuriositas.com