CLEAR SKIES - annular eclipse documentary
WGA West Registration #1643765
Our Mission Statement:
1. Deliver a quality product that funders will gain value from the money they invest
2. Create the foundation for a series of episodes specifically documenting astronomical events
3. Entertain. Who said astronomy had to be boring?
4. Educate. Amateur astronomy is easy and exciting. You don't need fancy equipment or technical knowledge; just a genuine curiosity, a pair of healthy eyeballs (or only one if necessary), and a little guidance. We can give you that guidance.
5. Develop a platform for amateur astronomers and photographers to earn money from their own images and videos of astronomical events
Our CLEAR SKIES documentaries are intended to be a series of shows covering each eclipse, as well as other exciting astronomical events (Comet ISON anyone?). The aim of this series is to document each event as a historical record, as well as an astronomy outreach resource.
Don't expect a typical boring science documentary either. By including interviews with local characters, other amateur astronomers, scientists and, of course, the eclipse itself, our team of "quirky" chasers will keep the tone light-hearted and convivial.
We would also like to provide a platform for other people to earn funds from their own eclipse-related photos and videos. Everyone seems to capture eclipses in their own way, and we all go to a lot of effort to record them. Don't you think it was about time you received something in return? We will select the best images/videos submitted to us to be negotiated for licencing agreements which will be included in our future docos and photo-books. Due to crowdfunding rules, we are unable to establish this concept as a perk, therefore this will have to be submitted and negotiated outside Indiegogo. Material of the 10 May eclipse can be sent to email@example.com to be determined for suitability for our production.
Our fundraising will be kept as simple as possible; every perk we offer we are able to easily deliver to our funders.
We also recognise that people want a memento of each eclipse (beyond just another t-shirt), and our documentary is intended to fulfill that need.
I personally invite you to join us on these adventures, whether it be watching the show, participating in them by submitting footage, photos or "Selfies", or being interviewed at another exciting astronomical event.
$15,000 - We'll include a rockin' soundtrack. Licenced music isn't cheap, but extra funds will help give a beat to our audio.
$30,000 - We'll include BBC-quality licenced footage of the eclipse. Licenced video is even more expensive than music. We have additional footage organised, but we can't afford it on our current budget.