This is a campaign to help raise funds to purchase the file footage used in the music video "Change The Earth" by Gaiaisi. Any funds raised beyond this goal will go towards the outreach for this project to help the critical message reach as much of humanity as possible.
- This project was created by Toronto-based singer/rapper/filmmaker/activist Gaiaisi.
- Much of the footage used in the project was donated for free by project collaborators 350, Climate Reality, Greenpeace, the Rain Forest Action Network and the WWF. The footage this fundraiser is seeking to help purchase came from the BBC series Planet Earth, and was critical in creating the visual storyline of the video, most of the most epic and beautiful scenery of the our planet's wildlife and natural ecosystems came from this series and was used to help contrast images of the destruction and poisoning of the natural world.
- In turning what was once a simple siren song for emergency action on Climate Change into a music video we have made this message accessible to all audiences - regardless of language or people's ability to understand the lyrics, the imagery of this video tells a powerful story all on its own. The music video format is particularly engaging in an age of mass media where literacy is in decline, and critical information on this issue that poses a threat to the very survival of the human species (or in the very least, threatens to drastically reduce our population thru drought, natural disasters and potentially devastating warfare that will accompany global food and water shortages) is being largely ignored by mainstream media outlets, while books on the subject remain largely unread by a generation largely afflicted with ADD, now absorbing much of its information from the internet and videos alone.
There is quite literally no issue more important on this planet as no specific conflict or problem afflicting the human race today will matter if the atmosphere heats up to a temperature inhospitable to the biosphere that allows us to breathe, drink, eat, and for life as we know it on this planet to exist. The current trajectory of global warming is headed at full speed towards a scenario where previously frozen methane deposits locked under the Arctic and Antarctic are beginning to erupt, releasing massive amounts of a greenhouse gas four times more potent than carbon dioxide. The last time a similar eruption of methane occurred in the Earth's history 251 million years ago it caused the single greatest mass extinction event in the planet's history, extinguishing 70% of all species on land and 95% of life in the oceans. This is an emergency and this video can play a critical role in awakening millions of people, given the ability to stay online and spread virally as it is already doing.
What We Need & What You Get
- The Climate Reality Project has already pledged $2,000 to support this project, bringing the original cost of the BBC footage from 5,032 down to $3,032.
- As a supporter of this project Gaiaisi, though not materially rich, is offering various perks to supporters as a sign of gratitude for your support.
- In addition to being a musician, filmmaker and activist Gaiaisi is also a waiter by day/night and is working extra shifts at his restaurant to help raise these funds in the event there is not sufficient support from the public. If only part of the fundraising goal is met funds will go towards asking the BBC to allow the video to stay online until Gaiaisi has raised the complete amount.
Other Ways You Can Help
- If you're not financially in a position to contribute please share this campaign, using the links available on this page!
- Keep spreading the music video like its the only Earth we have, HD link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zlhdQmaUBo&...
Thank you so much for taking the time to learn about and help make a difference on this life and death issue!