Come be a part of our journey on a feature length documentary about Long Distance Triathlon (Swim/Bike/Run 140.6 Miles/230km) for the big screen and help make a film that you will be proud of!
From the producer of awarding-winning documentaries Spirit of the Marathon and Spirit of the Marathon II comes Challenge Roth: a new feature-length documentary on the inspiring journey of six triathletes (two professional and four age groupers) as they train and prepare for the largest and one of the most challenging endurance races in the world, Challenge Roth.
This is more than a sports film, it uses the Ironman distance triathlon race as a vehicle to truly showcase how human beings can overcome different obstacles, live up to their beliefs and achieve personal triumph by pushing themselves to the limit both physically and mentally.
This inspirational movie is for you: runners, walkers, triathletes, cyclists, swimmers, family members and friends, and all people who are passionate about a healthy lifestyle!
The film is expected to be released in theaters worldwide in early 2015, becoming the first triathlon documentary film to be shown on the big screen in the world! This film already has theatrical and dvd distribution lined up.
With your support, we will be able to capture the essence and drama that Challenge Roth and our athletes have to offer on race day. Together we will be hiring one of the best editors and post-production talents in the documentary field.
We have already started following our six athletes and are about to go film the Challenge Roth event and want to get you, our fans involved. We have some really cool swag and fun ways to get you involved with the filming process.
Come join us and be a part of our journey to make a film that you will be proud of.
OUR FEATURED ATHLETES
Mirinda "Rinny" Carfrae - 2 x Ironman World Champion
Luke McKenzie - 6 x Ironman Champion
Rudy Garcia-Tolson - American Challenged Athlete (double above the knee amputee), Paralympics Gold Medalist
Qi Dang - China’s Top Ironman Triathlete (age grouper)
Bessy Leszczynski – First Timer Ironman Distance Triathlon Age Grouper
Our filmmakers include the following:
• Executive Producer: Mark Jonathan Harris, three-time academy award winner in the documentary category across three different decades.
• Composer: Jeff Beal, three-time Emmy Award winner. Jeff recently composed for House of Cards, Blackfish, and Queen of Versailles and numerous other films and television shows.
• Producer: Gwendolen Twist. Gwendolen has produced both Spirit of the Marathon (2008) and Spirit of the Marathon II (2013) documentaries. She is also a marathon runner with a PR of 3:11!
• Co-Producer: Yanfeng (Yan) Zhang, Ironman Finisher, Marathon Runner.
"When you finish, you carry something deep inside yourself from that day forward that you call on whenever you need to. When things get tough in life, you know you can handle whatever has been dished out because you have completed the toughest day in sport. It’s a calling card that you will carry with you forever!"
- Bob Babbitt, Triathlon's Story Teller, Co-Founder of Competitor Magazine, Co-Founder of Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF), 2002 Inductee Ironman Triathlon Hall of Fame, 2012 Inductee USA Triathlon Hall of Fame
"This is what I devote my life to – putting my heart and soul on the line to test my limits. But, to be honest, I still can't quite believe what I achieved – I defied what I thought was possible, and that is a wonderful feeling.....For the third year, this race has given me something I never thought would be possible. The near perfect day, and the feeling of being part of a truly global family. And for that I am so truly grateful."
- Chrissie Wellington, 4x Ironman World Champion, "Challenge Roth: Once in a Lifetime Moments", July 15, 2011
"I love what Challenge is, I love their DNA and core values which exactly echo my hopes for the future of the sport, embracing its history, its lifestyle and the people who participate. In the end, it is the family involvement, healthy activity and the desire to play and have fun in multisport. "
Chris "Macca" McCormack, 2x Ironman World Champion