Caffeine is a quirky first person psychological horror adventure game with environmental puzzles.
Set in the near future, the entire population of Earth is vigorously addicted to coffee. Massive space station built by the biggest corporations roam the stars mining minerals to create a synthetic caffeine.
You awaken aboard one of these caffeine mining stations alone. Before long you realise that you are a young boy with no memory of what has transpired on this seemingly empty space station.
Naturally you set out to explore the depths of the huge structure to figure out what exactly is going on.
Caffeine is currently already in development utilising the power of Unreal Engine 4, which allows for a very high visual fidelity.
UPDATE #1 - New Trailers & Development Logs!
How Will The Game Play?
At its core Caffeine is an exploratory puzzle game with a strong focus on psychological horror and lore.
Caffeine has three main gameplay elements:
- Horror - You are alone in a mysteriously empty space station. Who knows what's out there!
- Lore - Sticky notes, audio logs, whiteboards etc. This place feels lived in with each character having a rich back-story that can be deciphered from just walking into an office or quarters.
- Puzzles - interesting environmental and memory based puzzles.
- Download the early alpha demo below to get a feel for the atmosphere and visual style!
Some More Details
- PS4 Support (May not release at same time as PC version)
- Windows, Linux and Mac support
- Oculus Rift support
- 4K resolution support
- Controller support
When Will The Game Be Out?
My plan for Caffeine is to have the game out in the first half of 2015.
Who Am I?
Hi there, my name is Dylan Browne and I am a young determined game developer from Adelaide, Australia.
Starting off in the visual effects industry, at the beginning of the year I moved over to become an indie developer to create quirky, story driven experiences.
I love to push the boundaries of current hardware and aim to create visually stunning games.
Where Does It All Go?
For this second round of funding I am asking the community for USD $5000, this will go toward the following:
- Enable me to continue working on the game on an almost full time basis. (despite what many people think.. I do need to eat!)
- Have more time to optimize the game for use with Oculus Rift.
- Online Storage and Web Hosting
- Submit to Steam Greenlight
- Various other development related costs, such as renewing software licenses.
- And of course, some awesome perks for all of you amazing backers!
Starting with the Alpha Edition, perks come with alpha access before the release of the game. This will be in the form of a digital download and will have an NDA to help test the game before release.
Please Note: Alpha Access may be limited to the Windows version.
Some perks come with a personalised sticky note message from me. This will be a high quality digital image and will be available before release as a download.
T-Shirts and Mugs
The later perks include Caffeine branded t-shirts and coffee mugs.
From the Producer perk upwards the shirts and mugs you receive will be limited edition designs and will differ from the standard ones.
The "Name In The Game" perk allows you to have your name included as a character's name which will be included in their notes, possibly audio logs and possessions.
The "Photo In The Game" perk allows you to have a photo of you (within good taste) included in the game as a photograph.
The "Voice In The Game" perk allows you to have your voice included in one of the many audio logs scattered throughout the station in the game.
Physical perks will be shipped at the end of this year, so expect them to arrive during January.
*All perks have worldwide postage included*