World...We are BUBBELEH.
(Pron. Buh-Buh-Luh, Just Like Bubbe!!)
The band began in Santa Clarita during the summer of 2011 as a means for Philip Rankin and Max Kutner to explore their Jewish heritage in Klezmer music. The resulting product takes the traditonal qualities of Klezmer and throws it through a mill of influences in Jazz, Free Improvisation, Metal, Cumbia and beyond. We have traveled many, many miles to serve you some of the most scorching, bizarrre music you are likely to encounter anywhere!
Bubbeleh features a dizzying array of seven incredible, diverse musicians including:
- Andrew Conrad - Clarinet/Sax (Chord Four/Blockrad/Orkestar Meze)
- Lauren Baba - Violin (River Song/Istanbul/VOCE)
- Greg Zilboorg - Trumpet (Sogo Takeover/Archer Black)
- Max Kutner - Guitar(s) (Grandmothers of Invention/Royal US)
- Philip "Simcha" Rankin - Keys/Melodica/Vocals (Curious Inquiries)
- Rusty Kennedy - Bass (Orange Tulip Conspiracy/EYEAR/Brundlefly)
- Colin Woodford - Vocals/Percussion (Chord Four/Anthropic Ensemble)
Simply put, when we meet to play this stuff, magic happens.
The band is currently not represented by an agent or record company. We are raising money independently to fund the making of our full-length debut album which is set to begin in August at the incredible Seahorse Studios in downtown L.A. We will be releasing this album in early 2014!We have spent a great deal of time and energy preparing the music for this album with the biggest motivation being the opportunity to share it with you in a professional, respectable album that shows all of what we're capable of.
What We Need & What You Get
Our budget for this album breaks down thus:
- Tracking over three days: $1300
- Mixing and mastering: $1300
- CD Replication/Printing/Packaging: $400
- IndieGogo Fees: $200
The ImpactYou guys love music, right? The impact of your contribution --- no matter the size --- is the support and nurture of brand new, creative music delivered by a loving, diverse group of creative people intent on performing as far into the future as we can see.
Other Ways You Can HelpWith the difficult economy, we all understand if you are unable to contribute money to this campaign....HOWEVER, If you feel so inclined, you may still assist Bubbeleh by spreading the word of our indiegogo and cause. Share this page with your friends and tell them to come see us play sometime when they can! They will not be disappointed.
For More info on the Band check out our brand new website: