Mother's Day is on Sunday, May 11th, 2014
Our 3rd Annual Walk Across the Brooklyn Bridge marks a New York City tradition that celebrates women and mothers everywhere, honors those we have lost, and acknowledges those who have overcome domestic violence and are using their experiences to make a difference in their communities.
This event benefits the recognized 501(c)3 non-profit organization Milagros Day Worldwide which provides accelerated personal growth and professional development to survivors of domestic violence or those who grew up in an abusive household.
The theme of this amazing event is "Turning Abuse Into Success" where we invite city agencies, nonprofits, civic groups and corporations to bring their banners and walk with us across New York City’s iconic Brooklyn Bridge to shift the victim paradigm and enjoy a multi-cultural concert at the beautiful, historic Cadman Plaza Park.
We Need Your Presence and your Donation to Help Transform Lives
With the $25,000 raised through this campaign; and the 1000 people we want to see attend, we will be able to solidify the Mother's Day Walk as THE thing to do on Mother's Day in New York City, AND we will be able to fund the basic expenses of the life-changing Milagros Day Worldwide programs for the rest of 2014!!
- Dare To Dream/Atrevete A Soñar - 2 Hour Introduction to personal development in English or Spanish for survivors. Awareness/Prevention talk for all audiences.
- The Legacy Bootcamp- 3 Day Mountain Retreat for survivors. Filled with Fun and Connection; Spiritual, Emotional and Physical experiential healing exercises.
- The Transformation Academy- 12 Week Leadership Course for survivors. Principles of philosophy, relationships, personal achievement, social responsibility.
- The Declaration Series- 6 Week Mentoring Program for survivors. Matching talents and visions with a successful community leader who will support their dream.
Milagros Day Worldwide has made a difference for hundreds of women and families throughout the New York Tri-State Area and beyond. Here are some Testimonials:
"Attending The Transformation Academy changed EVERYTHING! I have left this man 100% and now feel stronger than ever! Can you believe it?" ~Paola
"My Mom, came back from the Bootcamp a brand new person; the weight was lifted from her shoulders and she is free" ~Michael
"Milagros Day has helped me to become the woman I was always supposed to be before the abuse" ~Grace
The Mother's Day Walk receives massive TV, Radio and Print Coverage from local and national news and lifestyle outlets. See some of these reports below:
CNN Español News 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZboLttUt3gI
Last year we were honored by the presence of our beloved First Lady of New York City, Chirlane McRay, Pictured in this ICONIC photograph walking across the Brooklyn Bridge on Mother's Day 2013 beside Founder/CEO of Milagros Day Worldwide, Dawn Diaz; International Speaker & Celebrity Coach, Karen Hoyos, and Executive Director of the Hip Hop Dance Conservatory, Porshia Derival:
Other Ways You Can Help
- Share this Campaign and Invitation to the Mother's Day Walk with your friends, family and social media!!
- http://igg.me/at/MOTHERSDAYWALK/x/6790156 www.2014WALK.eventbrite.com
- Recommend a Milagros Day Workshop/Talk be brought to your company or organization. For booking inquiries write to: email@example.com
- SEE YOU ON MOTHER'S DAY!!!