Coach Chrisnel Grand-Jean is a world-class athlete but no one knows his name.
Born in Northern Haiti in 1979, Chrisnel Grand-Jean has always been that natural athlete. When he's not in a good mood, he runs, when he wants to help the community he sets up running clubs for local kids. He is an All-American but he's All-Haitian.
Coach needs money to compete in marathons around the world. Goals for this year are:
May 27 - Madison Marathon in Madison WI
June 16 - San Francisco Marathon
Nov 17 - Las Vegas Marathon
For 2014, we'll be hoping that he qualifies for world-wide events and of course 2016 would be for the Olympics!
If you contribute to this campaign, not only are you helping Chrisnel achieve his lifelong goal but you are also helping decrease corruption and increase transparency in Haiti.
We hope to get corporate sponsors for Coach as well but every little penny counts. If we can crowd source this campaign the better and the easier it will be on everyone's pocket books.
What We Need & What You Get
We need funds to pay for Chrisnel's hotel, food, and most of all plane tickets and Visas.
- $3000 for airfare (1000 per ticket to the US)
- $190 for a Visa to the US
- $2100 hotel and lodging (for each race Coach will be staying a week in each location to give talks to local sports teams and universities. $100/night for 21 nights)
- $1000 ground transportation - we will have to rent cars in Madison, SF, and Vegas
- $1000 for food and supplies
- $1000 for Chrisnel's supporter T's and hats
- $1000 for Chrisnel's own warm-ups, jerseys, running shoes, socks, etc. for the year
In addition, Coach's sports club in Northern Haiti has qualified 3 youth runners to compete in French Guyana in June.
- $8000 for airfare (1600 per ticket, 3 runners plus Coach and another adult chaperone)
- $1000 for Visas and other legal fees
- $11,710 Scholarship money for future races for these kids
- $0 housing, food and ground transport will be provided by the hosting organization.
What you get if you donate...
- $10 - a RUN HAITI RUN button
- $25 - a RUN HAITI RUN shirt
- $50 - a Chrisnel Jersey
- $100 - a signed Chrisnel Jersey
- $200 - a team Haiti track jacket
- $400 - a signed team Haiti jacket (signed by Chrisnel and the 3 kids going to French Guyana)
- $500 - sponsorship of a youth runner
- $1000 - sponsorship of a youth runner plus a scholarship (pay for their competition and schooling)
- $2000 - your name and/or company name on the Team Chrisnel shirts that will be worn by all volunteers in Haiti and the US involved with the project
- $5000 - your company logo on the TEAM CHRISNEL shirts
- $10,000 - private dinner with Coach Chrisnel in Haiti or your home town. All expenses paid (flight, lodging etc.)
- $20,000 - private spring break to Northern Haiti planned for by Eyleen Chou and Coach Chrisnel for Easter 2014.
If we don't reach our goal the money will be put towards the kids at MINEHO Sportif Club International in Northern Haiti.
You have the power to change the course of history. If Haiti continues to sponsor Haitian American athletes rather than their own people, what hope do Haitians have?
Be a part of the change to tell the Haitian government to support the dreams of its own people. Not the dreams of outside investors and politicians.
Be a part of a world record. Coach Chrisnel is only 7 minutes behind the world record. With the right kind of support, he can train in Iten, Kenya along side the world's fastest men and women to break 2 hours within the next 5 years.
Coach has big dreams. Be a part of them.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can't contribute monetarily, we will be looking for volunteers for when Coach comes to Madison, SF, and Vegas. We will need tour guides, water givers, and just people who love to tweet and use social media.
Stay in touch with us by emailing email@example.com with the subject line COACH CHRISNEL