I want my coffee shop back. Don't you?
The White Hart is something special. It's a place where locally-sourced food, great books, and people of every background and social group, collide. The White Hart represents the beauty of Lynchburg's historic Main St., but it also represents the beauty of the human soul, relationships, and conversation. You're invited to play a vital role in restoring this beloved symbol of community to downtown Lynchburg.
By helping to reopen The White Hart you will be joining in an effort to provide jobs for local students, mothers, and fathers, customers for local farms (we'll be sourcing a lot of our food locally), and serving to promote the connectedness that a community achieves when a local space is inviting and open to people of all incomes, colors, religions, and beliefs. These spaces can be hard to find in Lynchburg, but they are the spaces that creeat compassion, sharp whits, deep faith, and community roots.
What We Need
We're looking to raise $15,000. These funds will provide:
- New ductless air conditioning units so that we can reduce the recurring $1,700/month electric bill that is caused by the outdated HVAC system. (5 units = $4,000 + Labor)
- New flooring behind the counter
- New sign (old one was stolen while in storage)
- Childrens books, book shelves, and a toy table for the back room
- New, clean, furniture (not ALL, but some)
- Repair/replace kitchen equipment and repair plumbing
If we don't reach our entire goal, we'll prioritize based on necessity, but all of the above will need to happen in the first couple of months in order for The White Hart to operate as a community gathering place. We could, of course, use a lot more than the requested amount in order to replace old kitchen equipment and buy an additional roaster to keep up with the damand for Blackwater Coffee, so don't let our goal keep you from giving beyond that number.
What You Get
We have little to offer, but if you're willing to support our vision in the below amounts, we can give the following:
- $10-$50 - Your name will permanently be displayed in the shop as one of the community members that rescued The White Hart.
- $50-$100 - You will receive the above plus your choice of 1) a voucher good for 10 free coffees or 2) a $10 gift card to The White Hart.
- $100-$200 - You'll receive the above, along with a unique ceramic mug that's kept at The White Hart and is reserved only for you at all times.
- $200-$500 - You'll receive all of the above as well as a chair with your name on it (an engraved placard on the chair).
- $500-$1000 - You'll receive the above as well as a table with your name on it. (not reserved for you, but called the "John/Jane Doe Table").
- $1000+ - All of the above along with the opportunity to name a menu item, permanently, after your self or a loved one, and we will likely give you a big hug whenever you enter the shop.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you're not able to give financially, we understand. We'd still love for you to share the link to this page and to consider giving your time and talents. If you're able to paint, install/repair flooring, install/repair plumbing or electical, offer tax, payroll, or accounting services, etc., then we're more than happy to accept those in-kind gifts.
Again, please don't forget to SHARE this page with every soul you know. And THANK YOU so, SO, much for your support!
- Abe Loper, Owner