We are three avid cyclists Mike Villeseche. (left) Michael Knight (middle) Kel Kiez (right) who love to ride bikes, we enjoy being in the great outdoors and going for long bike rides. We love participating in Winnipeg cycle events like the Muddy Waters Habitat for humanity Bike Ride which is put on by and helps raise money for Habitat for Humanity. Mike Villeseche is a Photographer, Michael Knight is a Graphic Artist, Kel Kiez is a Drafts man. We started thinking about how cool it would be to have a small light weight mini camper that would be big enough for one person to sleep in that could be towed by a bicycle anywhere! And so began the beginnings of our idea and dream.
We spent many long hours coming up with a design inspired by many home made campers that we had researched on the Internet, thinking about new Eco friendly light weight materials as most of the home made campers were made of heavy wood and steel construction and seemed very impractical for any kind of an extended bike trip. Our immediate goal was to design something simple, elegant, practical and light weight so as a cyclist could take our mini camper anywhere they felt comfortable.
We took our design to the Winnipeg Cyclovia street festival event which is a great place for cyclist and bike enthusiasts of all walks of life attend. The people we showed our design too absolutely loved it and we got asked many times where they could buy one! So just based on that and the many other people we have showed our design to we feel there is a strong market for such a product.
If we can get financial backing to help us take our design to the next level which is to have a prototype constructed we can then take our mini bike camper out to local events such as the MEC Bike Fest usually held at the Winnipeg Forks Market, The September Cyclovia street festival and many, other bike events, auto shows, green technology events, trade shows and show off our camper prototype. We just know that people will see this little camper around town and immediately fall in love with it just as we have. We feel very strongly that from that point our little mini camper will practically sell itself.
What We Need & What You Get
- We need funding to help us have a prototype of our mini bike camper constructed. Our goal is to have one ready for spring of 2013. We definitely would like it ready to show off for the MEC's Bike Fest.
- We need marketing materials printed up to hand out at special events and trade shows.
We offer our contributors outstanding perks for helping us out.
- Higher contributors will have their company logos and web addresses featured prominently at special events for a full year with an option to renew for only $500. At special events we will have our mini camper on public display along with a large colorfull display featuring company logos and web addresses so people can see who has provided funding to help our project achieve it's goal.
- Company web addresses and names will also be featured on our blog and website.
- We are also providing tee shirts, mugs, postcards and posters that feature our mini camper design to help show our appreciation for contributors at various levels.
- With what most companies spend on just a simple ad in a newspaper that runs for just a week the benefits of our perks become obvious.
In the event that we do not reach our goal you still get all the perks we promised. The funds will be saved and added to whatever other monies we manage to raise outside of this campaign. No matter what we have great faith in this idea and product and we WILL Make It Work!
What could be more Eco friendly than a solar powered light weight mini bike camper that can not only be towed by a bicycle? Now imagine it being towed by one of those mini "Smart Cars," a Moped or any other small Eco friendly vehicle.
- Cyclists will be able to camp in comfort and style with this easy to tow mini camper.
- Contributors will have their names and companies associated with a new and innovative Eco friendly green technology product.
- With the worlds focus becoming more and more environmentally conscious the benefits become obvious.
Other Ways You Can Help
Any help is greatly appreciated, such as sharing our idea on your own blog, news web sites or even directing people who you know will love this idea to our blog and web site.
Use the Indiegogo share tools and help us to spread the word and generate a buzz about our innovative idea.
Share our blog and this campaign with local cycling groups, blogs, web pages friends, Green Technology companies or anyone that you can think of that would enjoy our project or that you think would like to contribute.
Click on our comments tag and give us your feedback.