About the Project. . .
Hello Everyone! My name is damon darrell and I am the writer, director, and producer of this great new web series called Beyond Desperation. Some people may know me from my hit novels "Loose" and "No Escape", but if this your first time hearing about me, I can guarantee that it will not be your last!
Fans of my novels had been asking me to write stories specifically for YouTube and the web, and it was only fair that I deliver. With our generation of cord-cutters in mind, I wanted to be able to offer content that rivals most major network television shows. Who needs to tune into a cable box, when you can watch exciting episodes of Beyond Desperation on your computer or tablet?
We have worked really hard to bring together an engaging story and high caliber talent to make Beyond Desperation an enjoyable experience. We have completed about 90% of the project using our own blood, sweat, and tears (and money!), and now, we just need a little bit of help to get to the finish line. With your help, we will be able to complete what we have worked so hard to accomplish.
Check out our teaser trailer below! (be sure to watch in HD !)
Why are women willing to pay top dollar for a night with Derek Price?
You will soon find out the answer as you follow the life of socially deficient Derek Price as he stumbles through his transformation into a hot commodity for women. With the help of his roommate Keisha, Derek learns what makes women tick, and uses the information to his advantage. Meanwhile, other characters are trying to get through life as they discover themselves while dealing with issues in their own relationships.
What We Need & What You Get
Our goal is to raise $5000.00. 90% of the money will go into post production. The other 10% will pay for some of the location fees that we use in the series and also some marketing and advertising. We have been fortunate enough to rely on our own resources for the majority of this project, and now we are asking for just a little bit of help.
We're excited for this next phase in Beyond Desperation's development, but we can't do it without your support. Please check out the donation levels on this page and contribute what you can - there are different levels and perks designed for all to become involved!
What happens if we don't complete our goal? Well--we are still going to keep plugging along. There may be a slight delay in the release date...but WE WILL NOT LOSE! We all have worked very hard and we are going to do our best to see it through to the end!
Here's a sneak a peak at a few of the perks!
We've already gained a wonderful amount of great energy and interest for the future, and we hope you believe in Beyond Desperation as much as we do. People involved in the project are already anticipating a second season.
We have a good mixture of seasoned actors as well as some new faces to the scene. This project has given them the opportunity to showcase their talent to the world and could be a breakthrough moment for their careers.
We ask that you would please help everyone become a success and pass along the link to this fundraising page to everyone you know so they can become involved as well.
See some behind the scenes photos!
Other Ways You Can Help.We understand that everyone may not have any extra cash laying around to donate to our campaign, but that doesn't mean that you are counted out. We can still use your help!
Please pass along the link to this fundraising page to everyone you know so they can become involved as well. With the power of Facebook and Twitter, I know you can help us make our campaign a success!
Thank you all for your continued support and we will see you soon!
Be sure to visit our website at www.beyonddesperation.com