Beast's Fury will be a 2D, arcade-style fighting game featuring anthropomorphic characters. It is currently being developed by a small, passionate team of individuals who are both gaming enthusiasts and professional programmers. The game will not only involve action, but also features engaging story lines, intriguing characters, exotic arenas, and a killer soundtrack! Inspired by famous 2D fighters such as the street fighter series and Skull Girls. If you have any burning questions about the project, drop us a line on our facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/beastsfurygame
We've been working hard on Beast's Fury for two years now, and we'have been in talks with Investors and Publishers. They agree that the game has potential but they want to see a more complete product but to do that we require more funding (This is for the people who missed out or who could not donate at the time i am not asking the current backers to contribute again)
Arcade Mode: Play a team of characters through regular matches, boss fights, and an ending sequence.
Versus Mode: Test your skills in one-on-one combat mode against computer AI.
Local Mode: Challenge a friend to versus mode on one console.
Online Mode: Versus mode using http://ggpo.net/.
Training Mode: Practice combos and set ups.
Replay Feature: Watch your online matches.
Project Lead / Owner: Ryhan is an avid gamer, and trained martial artist. He is the creator of Beast's Fury, and is fully dedicated to making his dream game a reality. He has been investing his life and finances into this project for over a year, and has been studying all the details related to the intricate programming, design, and skill that it takes to make a video game.
2D Artist: Carlos Enrique is a professional illustrator with a vast portfolio of work and numerous clients worldwide. He specializes in heroic fantasy illustrations, comics and educational illustration for school textbooks. He was a long-standing active member of the staff of Illustrators for the trading card game "Myths and Legends", Salo S.A. company.
Lead Animator: Ben Halstead is currently based in the greater LA area, he's a traditionally-trained animator with 4 years of experience working both as a freelancer and in various studios. His projects range from online 3D game environments to hand-drawn feature films.
Patrick Stannard is a classically trained animator with experience working in both commercial and the video game industry. His latest work on Stoic's "The Banner Saga" included not only cutscene but in game combat animations as well. His previous work on Beast's fury was animating the character Don, and he looks forward to working on many more characters in the roster. Check out his work: http://vimeo.com/user2398400/videos
Cleanup/Colors/Shading: Rafael Llerena (A.K.A. Sorcerer Lance), is an aspiring comic artist/animator. Partly trained in art college and partly self-taught, he continues to learn by contributing in collaborations and improving his craft while developing his own independent projects in his spare time. http://sorcererlance.deviantart.com/
NEW Animation & Cleanup Team:
Phillip Joseph 2D Clean-up Artist: (aka Koru Xypress) is a professional 2D Animator and Digital Illustrator. He specializes in fantasy themes and his portfolio includes various projects from character illustrations, concept arts, storyboards, book covers, to logo designs. On the internet, he is known as the artist behind Xypress Illustrations. http://koru-xypress.deviantart.com/
Ricky Bryant worked on Skullgirls and Children of Liberty as an artist and animator. He'll be the middle man between the animators and the game designers, cleaning and prepping animation frames so that the are ready for color and implementation into the game.
Kenny Chen is a freelance comic artist, avid fighting gamer and martial arts geek who has previously worked on a few personal game mods, as well as done animation cleanup for a couple of old Gameboy titles. He will be doing some cleanup and other legwork for Beast's Fury.
Rukiya Hassan is an animator for Beast's Fury, a lover of video games and trained in White Tiger Shaolin Kung Fu. She dedicated much of her time to study and learn the art of animation after longing to bring characters to life. She has been investing her time with Beast's Fury as a clean-up animator for a few of the character Vincent's movesets. She is going to continue working with Beat's Fury as a clean-up animator to help finish the animation of all the characters in this game.
Programming: Marco Arsenault aka Evil-Dog is the programmer. He has worked at Ubisoft Montreal for 5 years as a gameplay/AI programmer on Rainbow Six Vegas, Farcry 2 and Avatar: The Game. Since 2004, he has been making indie games such as the award winning "Road of the Dead" as well as the somewhat popular music game series, "Punk-o-matic". He has been running his own company, Evil-Dog Productions, for over 2 years.
Music / SFX: Zach Striefel is the Lead Sound Designer at Symphony of Specters. He has worked on projects with many notable companies such as Disney, Coca-Cola, Adult Swim, GSN, WB, NBC Global, as well as many Indie studios
Voice Actor / Writer / Editor: Poesy Rosewood is the writer for Beasts fury. She has done work as a ghost writer while working on several independent stories. Poesy has been an active member in developing the story, character designs, and concepts; including providing the voice for Odette.
UI Designer/Programmer: Adam Wan is the lead UI designer and developer for Beast's Fury. He's worked in the fields of desktop publishing, web design, and various disciplines of programming for the past decade. Adam currently resides in the Orange County of California where he works as an applications developer.
Creative Design Lead: Andrew Fein (Known Professionally as 40%FlashKick) breathes life into the characters and designs how they function within the game, and how the character balancing works. He's been playing professionally since 2009, and has since supported the FGC ever since. His fields of expertise is with dynamic combat systems.
Voice director: Danielle McRae is a voice actress residing in Los Angeles, California. Some of her most notable credits have been in League of Legends as Karma the Enlightened One, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm as Hagara the Stormbinder, Dragon Nest as Sidel, SkullGirls as Painwheel a New Conglomerate Solider in Planetside 2, Jada in Battle High 2, and most recently, you can hear her in the video game "Starcraft Universe: Chronicles of Fate: as the Adjutent and Captain Arley Sims.
The combo system will have a series of linked normal attacks that can end with a special move, sweeping attack, super move, launcher move or ultimate finish (Beast’s Fury’s version of Ultra Combos). Players can also perform air-attack / juggle combos that can end with a special move/ultimate finish. Juggling limits are also set individually for each character to keep them balanced and avoid over-powering. Players will have a series of attacks to choose from to make their combos. Everything from Crumples (moves that force opponents to stagger to their knees), to Wall and Ground bounces. Using a mixture of the Linked Combos (Normal moves that are strung together with the right timing) The special moves (Unique to the character) and the Juggle Combos (Moves that are strung together in the air), the player will try to lower the opponent’s life bar to zero the fastest. Or, in some cases, lower it enough that they can sit easy on a life lead.
- Combo Links and Attack Strings; this allows for players to put different attacks together to form devastating combos and counter-attacks, allowing players maximize damage against their opponents. This is a staple of Fighting Games however, so its nothing a seasoned fighting game veteran won't be unfamiliar with.
- Dynamic Wall and Ceiling Combos; Beast's Fury uses a different approach to combos in the corner and at midscreen, in making it so that characters can use dynamic elements of the wall (Where they hit the wall and how hard) as well as if they're launched against the ceiling of a stage, and changing where/how they hit the ground. This changes the typical juggling system in that it makes players reconsider their combo choices depending on the stage.
- Unique Mechanics Per Character; All of the characters in the game have unique abilities and game mechnics that set them apart. Though they follow the simple scheme of 'get the opponent to 0 life', all of them carry unique abilities that allow them to turn the tide of battle. Some prime examples being Vincent's ability to spend Meter in order to cancel his special moves into other special moves, or Don's ability to combo into EX Command Throws.
- Adrenaline and Fury; Characters in Beast's Fury have the ability to store up energy for a Final Round push, giving them a game-ending boost where their natural abilities and unique game mechanics get boosts that make characters' much more powerful for a limited time. The stored energy is Adrenaline, and once per game, characters spend their adrenaline to go into Fury. However, they run out of Adrenaline to fuel their Fury gauge, their character powers down, losing their game changing mechanics and occasionally losing other skills as well.
- Ultimate Finisher; Similar to Instant Kill Attacks in other games, the Ultimate Finisher is a move that is only available in the final round of any normal game. When a player activates their Fury, they have a limited amount of time to land a certain amount of hits on their opponent. If they succeed in landing the required amount, a cinematic finisher plays, and the opponent is instantly defeated, regardless of their remaining health.