About Chicago Zine Fest
The Chicago Zine Fest is an independent event creating an outlet for small press and independent publishers to showcase their work. Our goal is to make DIY zine-making accessible, highlight the talents of self-published artists, and give independent artists a chance to interact, and swap skills through tabling, community events, and workshops.
The next Chicago Zine Fest is on March 8 & 9, 2013. Since its birth in 2010, CZF has grown every year. And we expect even more zine friends, supporters, and enthusiasts (not to mention the as-of-yet-uninitiated curiosity seekers) to attend in 2013! We have been working on two days of programming that includes panels, workshops, fun times, trades, storytelling, readings, skill sharing, and much much more.
What do you get for donating?
Besides our undying love and unconditional friendship? Most of all we hope that you will be able to attend Chicago Zine Fest 2013. By donating you are insuring our continued growth and success. All Chicago Zine Fest 2013 events are FREE to the public. If you donate you will be creating a space to revel in zine goodness not just for yourself, but for anyone else who wants to attend. We strive to make CZF safe and accessible for all.
Yeah yeah, what else do you get?
Okay, okay, we do have some extra special CZF BFF treats for you. Some of the prizes include:
- A nifty CZF BFF button designed especially for neato friends like you by Laura Berger, the creator of our 2013 artwork.
- A just-published compilation zine created by the 2013 Chicago Zine Fest organizers during our residency at The Annex, a new self-publishing space founded by our sponsor Spudnik Press.
- A Chicago Zine Fest tote bag to lug around your scissors, glue sticks, and Micron pens!
We also have some extra extra special perks for our big spending cronies!
- A special artists pack filled with goodies from Sara Drake, Edie Fake, Lilli Carré, and Laura Berger. That's right! You will get treasures from each of the four artists who have helped create Chicago Zine Fest’s unique artwork. We will also throw in a silkscreen poster from each zine fest, 2010 - 2013!
- Artwork from some of our favorite Chicago artists and presses! Your bedroom wall can soon be beautified with one print from Laura Berger, Inkling, or Starshaped Press!
- One generous CZF buddy will secure a 1/2 table among our beloved and much cherished sponsors at Saturday's Exhibition. We will make sure EVERYBODY knows how close we hold you to our heart by highlighting your name in our program. (There's some fine print to this one: you must fill out an application after completing your donation because we want to know as much as possible about our best friend ever. You will have to agree to our terms and conditions including our safer spaces policy).
- One brave friend will permanently show their love for CZF! Tattoo artist Alana Robbie will tattoo you for one hour. You can get that long armed stapler you've always wanted on your thigh or ZINESTER on your knuckles. It’s up to you. Just don't forget to tip!
We can't wait to see you on March 8 & 9, 2013! For more information, visit www.chicagozinefest.org. Thank you for your support & love!
Chicago Zine Fest