All tickets include one free drink ticket and one raffle ticket . Tickets are $20 at the door. Even though the campaign has ended, pre-sale tickets are still available for $15 each at www.denverartsociety.org
- What: Ian Cooke, Atomga, Sawmill Joe, Patrick Dethlefs, Lucida Tela, and Vine Street Vibes performing Denver Art Society's 5th Annual Art Out Loud
- Date: 14 September 2014
- Time: 2pm - 10pm
- Where: Denver Art Society 734 Santa Fe Dr
- Who: All our artists, members, patrons, supporters, and all art lovers :)
About the Music
Atomga will be making their 2nd appearance at Art Out Loud this year. They'll be getting the dance floor started at 7. Listen to their music here.
"If you are looking for an honest singer with the blood of a blues man, you can't do much better."- Wyomingnews.com. Sawmill Joe will be performing at 2:45.
A review by 5280.com had this to say about Patrick Dethlefs- "His soothing voice evokes an American, countrified version of Belle and Sebastian, supported by graceful layers of acoustic instrumentation, and expertly played". His set is at 5:45.
Progressive, experimental and ambient, Lucida Tela will be rocking out at 8:15. Check out their sound here.
To close out the night at 9:15, will be the electro funk dance tunes of Vine Street Vibes. Listen to their music here.
About Our Nonprofit
The Denver Art Society is a Art Coop, Visual and Performing Arts Gallery, Music Venue, and Art School. Our building is over 100 years old, and was abandoned for some 30 or 40 years before we took residence. Now almost 5 years later, we have gotten most of the major repairs to the building done. But we still have leaks in the roof, floors, and no heat on main floor and in basement studios.
We've come a long way, but we are only just getting started. This building in the Santa Fe Arts District has become the beacon of acceptance and artistic freedom in the Santa Fe Arts District. We have over 85 active members in our Art Coop (doubled in past 6 months). And around 50 different artists of all mediums and styles exhibiting their art in our 4000 sqft gallery. We don't ask for commission, and we DO NOT censor. DAS is open 7 days a week from 10 am to 7 pm (no other gallery on the ArtWalk is open this much).
The Art Coop was created to be the backbone of DPAU (Denver Public Arts University). The success of the Art Coop ensures the future of free and universal access to the arts.
Currently the Coop is operating on a streamlined budget. Funds collected from this campaign will go towards the Coop and its projects, including the production of the showcase itself.
How we serve
Our non profit organization is volunteer-powered from the ground up.
- The Art Coop supports artists and students who are often under served in the community.
- We offer opportunity to new and young artists
- Give support to struggling students and artists
The road ahead
We've come a long way, and were not about to give up now! To ensure the continued success of our Art Coop we need to...
- continue building repairs (floors, plumbing, leaks, no heat, lights)
- maintain a budget that pays for Exhibitions and Advertising costs, as well as cleaning and office supplies.
- pay bills (rent, water/sewer, internet, utilities)
Other Ways You Can Help
We understand that not everyone can donate fiscally. Here are some other ways you can help us.
- Volunteer. We always need more volunteers at our events and working in our gallery.
- Promote Denver Art Society through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, instagram)
- Tell your friends and family about this campaign.
- Stay creative!!!!!