Join Sirena on the Arizona Trail Trek- celebrating the trail and connecting Gateway Communities one step at a time to raise $20,000 for the Arizona National Scenic Trail!
Why the Campaign?
The Arizona Trail Association (ATA) needs your support! This campaign is a crowd funding effort to rally outdoor and environmental communities to support the future of this incredible national scenic trail. Federal funds for land preservation and trail maintenance are drying up due to sequestration and federal spending cuts. Improving the quality of the Arizona Trail, protecting its corridor, and taking the necessary steps to ensure its long-term preservation is not a priority of state or federal decision makers. We know it’s important to those who use and love the trail.
Funds from this campaign will directly support:
- trail maintenance and protection
- repairing segments of trail damaged by wildfire and erosion
- installation of steel gates that keep motorized vehicles off the trail
- map printing and distribution
What is the Arizona National Scenic Trail?
The Arizona Trail is an 800+ mile recreation trail from Mexico to Utah that connects mountain ranges, canyons, deserts, forests, wilderness areas, historic sites, trail systems, points of interest, communities, and people. It serves dayhikers, backpackers, equestrians, mountain bicyclists, trail runners, nature enthusiasts, cross-country skiers, snowshoers, and mule and llama packers.
The Arizona Trail Association's mission is to build, maintain, promote, protect and sustain the Arizona Trail as a unique encounter with the land.
The Arizona Trail Trek is an interactive thru-hike from March 14th to May 31st with 14 Gateway Community events, selected hikes and backpacking trips highlighting the best the trail has to offer, and on-the-trail updates as Sirena hikes up the state.
Who is Sirena Dufault?
Sirena is the Gateway Community Liaison for the Arizona Trail Association and an avid hiker/backpacker. In 2007 she began volunteering with the ATA, helping to build many miles of trail near Tucson. In 2008-2009 she section-hiked the Arizona Trail to raise awareness of Fibromyalgia, a chronic pain condition she has had since 1997. The adventure kindled a passion for the trail and the wild lands of Arizona. She became the Trail Steward for Passage 16c, responsible for maintaining 5.5 miles of trail along the Gila River. Now, as the Gateway Community Liason, she has cultivated a relationship between trail users and the 33 Gateway Communities along the trail while promoting area tourism to stimulate local economies. Learn more about Sirena and follow her adventure on the AZT through her blog at: http://desertsirena.wordpress.com/.
Urgency to Support the ATA
What Is In It For You?
All Donations of $25 or more receive a Limited Edition AZT Trek Bandana and Sticker. (Please note that there is a additional charge for international shipping.)
$10: Saguaro Shout-Out You are amAZing, and you're committed to making the AZT one of the premiere trails in America. We'll give you a shout-out from the trail!
- $25: Made in the Shade Get the Limited Edition AZT Trek Bandana to keep your noggin' cool in the Arizona sunshine. We'll throw in the matching AZT Trek Sticker, too - just 'cause you're amAZing!
- $50: Sip It Get the special Arizona Trail pint glass (frosty beverages not included) for showing your support while you sip your favorite drink trail side.
- $100: In the Know The new guidebook to the Arizona National Scenic trail, signed by the author and Sirena means you will have the latest and greatest information on the Arizona National Scenic trail at your fingertips!
- $250: Journey to Center Receive the original signed art print by Cole Habay "Journey to Center" representing the many wonders found along the Arizona Trail.
$300: Capture YOUR Arizona This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience: a special invitation to a 4-hour custom Arizona Highways Photo Workshop: Capturing Memories on the Arizona Trail!
- $500: AZT Swag Pack You'll be sporting the finest Arizona Trail Attire, AND be in the know! You get AZT hat, t-shirt, pint glass, socks, signed Guidebook and Topo CD - plus original signed art print by Cole Habay "Journey to Center". A fine art print (your selection) from the AZT Trek Collection signed by Sirena, Recognition in the ATA Newsletter. Limited edition bandanna and AZT Trek sticker included.
- $500: Raft the Colorado River Colorado River Discovery will take you and a guest on a guided motor raft tour of one of the most dramatic stretches of river found in the western United States. Recognition in the ATA Newsletter. An epic journey AND supporting the AZT - that's a win-win.
All Donation levels over $800 will be invited to a special reception for Arizona Trail Supporters!
- $800: Burnin' Up the Trail! A limited edition, handcrafted, custom steel Arizona Trail chimenea...the next best thing to a campfire beside the trail. Recognition in the ATA Newsletter. (Item to be pick-up at ATA office or donor pays shipping charges).
- $1000: Trail Brew Master One exclusive opportunity for 2 lucky people to be "Brewers for a Day" with THAT Brewery in Pine , AZ. Includes THAT Arizona Trail Ale, 2 limited edition AZT Pint Glasses, Bag and signed Guide Book. Recognition in the ATA Newsletter.
- $3000: Pedal It You and 2 of your friends are invited to experience the Arizona Trail by mountain bike with ATA Executive Director Matt Nelson. This full-day trip will be custom designed for your experience and skill level, and will include lunch on the trail and car shuttle. Since Matt is a former professional guide, you’ll learn about the botany, biology, geology and cultural history too! Also includes 3 Limited Edition Pint Glasses; 3 Guidebooks signed by author and Sirena; signed limited edition print “Journey to Center" by Cole Habay; and Recognition in the ATA Newsletter.
$5000: The High Point A guided 3 day / 2 night fall color backpack on the AZT in Flagstaff area customized for up to 4 people. Get tales from the trail from the woman who's seen it all, not to mention great backpacking tips and local information. Also includes 4 Limited Edition Pint Glasses; 4 Guidebooks signed by author and Sirena; signed limited edition print “Journey to Center" by Cole Habay; and Recognition in the ATA Newsletter.
- $10,000: Leading the Way For the ultimate AZT supporter: premier photo workshop with Arizona Highways Photo Workshops at the Grand Canyon for 1 person. Take a look: Grand Canyon - Rim to Rim. Also includes 4 Limited Edition Pint Glasses; 1 Guidebook signed by author and Sirena; a signed limited edition print “Journey to Center" by Cole Habay; and Recognition in the ATA Newsletter.
Other Ways You Can Help
Become Member of the Arizona Trail Association! Consider becoming a long-term supporter and friend with the Arizona Trail Association as we work to preserve and protect this incredible corridor and trail. See here for details!
Spread the Word! We need ALL the help we can get sharing this campaign. Please consider doing one or all of the following throughout our 60 day campaign!
Referral Contest!To show our appreciation for your help, we will recognize the person with the most Indiegogo referrals with a special Oracle Gateway Community Prize Package. Package for 4 includes one night at El Rancho Robles Guest Ranch, lunch at Oracle Patio Cafe, and a Zip Line Adventure. Restrictions apply.
Here's how you participate:
- Log in to your Indiegogo account you utilized to make your donation.
- Cut & paste the URL in the "Share This Campaign" section to share your the personalized link on your social media (e.g. Facebook, G+, LinkedIn, Twitter), email, and websites.
- Track Referrals - when someone clicks on your shared link and contributes to this campaign, they will appear in your referrals (under My Profile beneath your name when you login)
We will share the top three contenders regularly until the campaign closes to keep you informed of the status.