October 21, 2013
An Elliott Smith Tribute Show at Glasslands in Brooklyn, New York
Featuring Cat Power solo, Zachary Cole Smith (DIIV) with Sky Ferreira, Yoni Wolf (WHY?), The Low Anthem, Luke Temple (Here We Go Magic), Marissa Nadler, Aaron Pfenning, Sadie Dupuis (Speedy Ortiz), Adam Schatz (Landlady / Man Man / Father Figures), The Perennials, and Tereu Tereu.
Ticket sales for the show are here.
This show is supported by:Allison Specketer
Elliott Smith died ten years ago. The show is a tribute to his life and prolific career in music. The evening will support the Elliott Smith Memorial Fund (www.sweetadeline.net/esmf.html), which benefits two charities: Outside In, a Portland-based nonprofit that helps homeless Portland Youth, and Free Arts for Abused Children, also a nonprofit that offers art programs for children who've experienced abuse, poverty, and homelessness. Some of the artists during the night will play Smith's music.
We decided we wanted to start this fundraising campaign outside of the concert's ticket sales because we want to give back and share his music as much as possible. Not everyone lives in NYC and will be able to attend the show, so this is another way to get involved.
IndieGoGo only allows direct fundraising to one charity, so we have chosen Outside In, because according to Elliott's family, most donated money has gone to Free Arts thus far.
Additional rewards may be added soon!
THANK YOU so much for your time and support!
Rewards For This Campaign
Donors can choose from an array of exclusive rewards from the event, including:
- Set lists from the night
- High-quality 8 1/2" x 11" concert posters, designed by local artist Allison Specketer (see "gallery" tab at top of page for a photo)
- Live recording of the show (participating bands TBA)
- Goodie Bag (details TBA) from Kill Rock Stars
- High-quality 18" x 24" concert poster, autographed by all the musicians
- Heatmiser (Elliott's old band) vinyl and CDs from Frontier Records
- Your name included in the concert's program
- A signed print that Ben Folds shot, developed and personally had framed of the crowd from the stage at Bonnaroo in 2012 (Ben was a friend of Elliott's and is known to have covered his songs. His song "Late" was written for Elliott.)
Your donation will help change the lives of children and teenagers in Portland, Oregon (Elliott's hometown).
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can't donate for whatever reason but you are inspired by this project, please share it with friends and family.