Let's celebrate with a grand opening party on May 18th!
Thank you all for your support for our previous fundraiser. It was a great success! The move went well and we've been busy getting setup for the grand opening. Alpha One Labs has had almost four years of providing the community with maker space in Brooklyn. Our new location promises to bring many more awesome years to the maker community. A quick run-down of the previous campaign:
After Fees of 9% to Indiegogo and 3% to the processing cards we're expecting a disbursement on April the 25th of $3,977.
After taking out the perks: $1,300 printers + $250 shirts + $300 cards & stickers, we will have $2,127 that will be going to cover our rent and security.
We need at least 3 months of expenses in the bank:
In order to keep Alpha One Labs going successfully, we’ll need to tuck away 3 months of expenses in the bank.
Rent $1500 x 3 = $4500
Coned: $300 x 3 = $900
Internet: $100 x 3 = $300
Your contribution will allow us to thrive without the need of additional funding. We’ve got a bunch of awesome rewards to choose from including dedicated desk space, a laser cutting class, a build your own 3D printer class, and best of all, admission to the Party!
In addition to the 3 months of expenses, funding will go towards making the party awesome and a professional new sign for the storefront (estimated $5,000).
We’re also doing a membership drive to get the place active with makers. We’re setting an ambitious goal of 40 additional members in this membership drive. We’re going to set up a wall of members and all new members will get their name engraved on a placard and be part of our new membership base.
Makerspaces are critical in our technological world for advancing all types of innovation and technology. They are an excellent way to connect to the maker community and educatie the public on a wide range of topics. Let’s keep up with the success from our previous fundraiser with this one as well. You’re always welcome to come to our open Tuesday meetings from 7-10pm and Sundays from 2-3pm.
Other Ways You Can Help
Get the word out and make some noise about the campaign!
Use the Indiegogo share tools so your impact makes a difference!
See you all on May 18th, doors open at 7pm!
The menu has been created:
- rough guacamole - garlic, avocado, chilli, cilantro, tomatoes, onion, lime
- black bean mash - black beans, onion, lime, jalapeno, cilantro, onion
- habanero salsa - cilantro, onion, habanero, tomatoes, lime, olive oil
- Persian chickpea salad - a delicious salad of chickpeas, vine-ripened tomatoes, mixed leaves, shaved carrot, pomegranate, onion, cilantro, dill, and parsley. With feta and a pomegranate dressing.
- adobo chicken with bacon and bay - a wonderful Filipino dish of chicken cooked slowly with bacon, bay leaves, garlic, shallots, vinegar, chicken broth, fish sauce, shiro shoyu and a little cayenne.
- charred cauliflower with cumin, chilli and almonds - a gorgeous vegetarian dish of cauliflower stir fried until the flavours deepen and become complex, and served with stir fried green beans, roasted potato and sweet potato, garlic, cumin, red chilli and topped with flaked almonds and parsley.
- slow cooked pork with pears - a delicious dish of pork rubbed with fennel, coriander, and brown sugar, and then slowly cooked until meltingly tender with pears, chicken stock, garlic and white wine.
- dirty rice - rice and lentils cooked in butter with plenty of black pepper and caramalised onions.
- pasta with zucchini - small pasta pieces tossed with a sauce of butter, slow cooked zucchini, lemon zest, garlic and finished with parmesan cheese.