We are about to be at the paint, carpet, and fixtures stage of construction. We need your help for this next phase as we are so close to being able to estimate an actual opening date. We need more than the amount listed for this campaign to finish, but we'd like to make this target in 21 days.
If you have just heard about this project, more information is listed below.
We are building a library focused on the mystical and esoteric teachings of all religions with an emphasis on Paganism in all its forms. We are also collecting artifacts, art, ritual objects, etc. for the museum component of the New Alexandrian Library. The first building is in progress and we need your help to finish construction.
- We already have several important collections of books in storage including the entire library from the Theosophical Society of Washington, DC. Judy Harrow, of blessed memory, just left us her library as well.
- We have started collecting newsletters, event program books, old recordings, and more that is a history that will soon be lost if not preserved.
- We have already have important art and artifacts including paintings of the Four Archangels by Dione Fortune.
- This library will be open to all and will engage in inter-library loan with similar projects elsewhere. Some rare special collections will not circulate.
Longterm Vision Grounded In Practicality
This is a very longterm project and we intend to growing and thriving 100 years from now. The Assembly of the Sacred Wheel, the sponsor of this project, is celebrating its 30th year in February 2104.
- This is the first in a series of buildings as a modular approach was more financially more realistic.
- We own the land outright and are paying for construction as we go. There will be no debt to pay off which makes the continuation of the project much easier.
- A number of the founders of this project are leaving their estates to maintain this work in the future. By the way over 85% of funds to date have been donated by Assembly of the Sacred Wheel members.
- There is ample room for expansion on the land.
Like the original Great Library of Alexandria, the schools of Qabala in medieval Spain, and the flourishing of magick that occurred in renaissance Italy, the diverse confluence of minds and resources would result in great leaps forward in theory and practice. The NAL will be one of the cornerstones (of many created by various groups across the globe we hope!) of a new magickal renaissance. The benefits of this growing network for future generations will be incalculable.
The content of the library will also be made available via internet to the greatest extent possible (respecting copyrights, etc.) to be a resource for the entire esoteric community. The facility will evolve to meet accreditation criteria and serve as the library of record for formal esoteric religion studies at a variety of institutes of higher education including The Cherry Hill Seminary.
The NAL is located on 100 acres of Sacred Land at Seelie Court - a third of which has been donated to the NAL project - in Georgetown, DE. The facility will be accessible to visiting scholars and is serviced by Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. airports - while maintaining a wonderfully secluded atmosphere for serious study.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you cannot donate right now, please help by posting links to this campaign and the New Alexandrian Library Project in as many places as possible! This is a much needed project for our troubled times - intending to provide real resource for spiritual development and evoution over the next hundred years to come!
Donations Are Tax Deductible!