Almost Home Season 2
Guys, we had huge success during our first IndieGoGo campaign to raise money for Season 1 of Almost Home, we're back for Season 2!
- My name is Reagan Gomez. I'm an actor, mother, wife, business woman and film maker.
- I've been in the business since I was a kid and as I've gotten older I've noticed that quality roles for women of color (particularly black women) are few and far between. So I decided to put my money where my mouth is and create a webseries.
- Your donations for the first IndieGoGo campaign is the only reason we were able to complete the first season of Almost Home. THIS WILL NOT BE MY ONLY WEBSERIES. My goal is to continue to create original content, for the web starring women and people of color. This is my first webseries but it will NOT be my last.
What we need and what YOU get
Let me break down what we need:
- The budget for the first season of Almost Home (including my own money) came to just over 20k. I really want Season 2 to look and feel better. So our goal is 25k.
- Perks! Perks will start at $5 and will include pesonal Shout outs on Twitter, Original music from the stars of the show, phone calls from your favorite cast members, personal thank you videos from your favorite cast memebers, autographed pictures, Skype sessions with your favorite cast members, a chance to be an extra on episodes, Associate Producer credits and more!
- If we reach our Goal (God Willing) 100% of the donations will go to the production budget of the show. If we don't reach our goal we will stretch what we do raise as far as we can.
Why your donations and this campaign matters:
- When I launched the first IndieGoGo campaign in early 2012, no one (celebrity) was really doing crowdfunding. Since then (realizing how great it is) celebs have jumped on the crowdfunding band wagon. Before crowd funding, the only way for a film maker to make something was to either put up your own money (not a smart idea especially if A, you don't have it like that, or B, you expect a return on your investment), get an investor to put up money, or get Studio backing. The reality is, Movie Studios just aren't backing black content. And trustworthy investors are hard to find. And my own money, well...I just don't have it like that. That's why crowdfunding is so brilliant. No one is telling our stories. Instead of sitting back and complaining, I'm doing something. And I need your help.
- I am so proud of season 1 of Almost Home. I'm hooked. They say people write what they know. What they can relate to. So we can't expect Hollywood to create stories for us when US aren't in the studios and writing the scripts. We need more of US behind the screen and in the creative process.
- Your trust matters to me. %100 of the donations will go to the production of Almost Home Seaso 2.
Other Ways You Can Help
Tight on money and can't donate (we've all been there) but still want to help with our campaign? Here's how you can help.
- SPREAD THE WORD! Post our IndieGoGo link on Twitter, Facebook, Vine, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Lindkin, Google Plus, at church, word of mouth; where ever you can. We need all of the help we can get!
- Use the Indiegogo share tools!
And that’s all there is to it.