Alec’s show, Alec in WILDerland, is a web series aimed at teaching kids of all ages how to get outside, explore, and survive. The first season consisted of 4 episodes, 3 of which are currently online (Episode One: Devil’s Waterhole, Episode Two: Beached, Episode Three: Primitive). With over 12K views and countless comments and messages, it has become obvious that Alec is onto something special. Whether it’s his engaging personality as host, his silly jokes, his creative real-world tips, or his now famous mantra -- “I don’t play videogames. I play outside.” -- Alec has, and continues to, inspire audiences around the world.
Now is your chance to help the adventures become even WILDer. Your donation, in any amount, will help blaze a trail for Alec’s continued, safe adventures in the great outdoors. It will help him explore regions otherwise unreachable. It will better equip him to capture the wild with higher resolution cameras. And most importantly, it will help him continue teaching what he loves so that others may follow.
What Alec Needs & What You Get
Episode Two: Beached required seven location days, three types of cameras, memory cards, State Park fees, camp food, twenty hours in the car, tons of gas, and a lot of miscellaneous equipment. The price tag for that single episode came in around $400. Not too bad, even by indie film standards. But, under the brutal Texas sun, 110 degree temperatures, and constant salt spray, two of the cameras took a beating and ultimately stopped working. That’s the reality of filming in the WILDerlands. Each episode presents its own unique budget and set of challenges.
- With your help, Alec in WILDerland is going to upgrade production value by purchasing two new cameras complete with protective housing. The hope is that one of them will be the GoPro Hero 3.
- With your help, Alec in WILDerland will be able to reach uninhabited locations, some so far off the map they leave the closest town 40 miles away. These vast regions are strewn with ancient artifacts, deep history, and the clearest water in Texas.
- With your help, Alec will be able to better equip himself. Alec would like to take a class on Wild Edibles, upgrade his old backpack, get waterproof hiking boots, etc....
- With your help, transportation, park fees, and camping food / supplies will be much more manageable for his parents and limited crew. Unfortunately for them, they have to be fed and survive the locations too!
- If Alec does manage to go far above and beyond his goal of $2,500, he will get a chance to take his show to any number of amazing regions around the country. An example would be a special episode he’d like to do in the snow, something highly unlikely to happen in the middle of Texas. Alec's stretch goal is $5,000 to really knock the production value out of the park.
So, what’s in it for you besides helping a kid teach and inspire others by doing what he enjoys? Well, not much really...! But there are some perks listed on the right side of this page. From signed set photos and thank-you notes to DVDs and T-Shirts, Alec thought a long time on what he could give away to show his appreciation. Hopefully, you can find something that you think is cool too. Remember, any donation amount is acceptable.
Upgrading the production value is essential to reaching one of Alec’s biggest goals: to have his show on television one day.
- With your help Alec’s audience will grow.
- With your help Alec’s message of getting kids unplugged and outside will spread.
- With your help Alec in WILDerland will continue to inspire kids of all ages, all over the world.
Other Ways You Can Help
There are plenty of ways you can help:
- You can make a donation of any amount and it is greatly appreciated.
- You can forward this page to your friends on Twitter or Facebook.
- You can share the video above on YouTube or even feature it on your channel.
- You can embed the video above on your website or blog.
- You can visit Alec’s store and buy a poster or a T-shirt.
- You can subscribe to Alec on YouTube or follow him on Twitter or Tumblr.
- And if all that fails, you can always just unplug for a few hours and go outside to explore :p
For professional booking opportunities, Alec is represented by K Hall Talent Agency, TX.
Be sure to follow Alec on Twitter for updates!
Thank you for taking the time to consider making a donation. Until the next time, get outside and have yourself an adventure!