Who We Are
AdBombing is a Miami based non-profit organization dedicated to promoting emerging artists both locally and around the globe. We raise funds to purchase available advertising space and then donate that space to artists within the community to do with it as they see fit.
Our goals are to give:
- Talented artists a city-wide stage to share their work
- Local communities easier access to art and the artists within their own city
Everyone a more beautiful and inspiring environment in which to live and work
If you think the world could use less ads and more art then help us purchase 3 billboards to donate to 3 emerging Miami artists. These boards will be on display in high traffic areas from early October through early December, allowing the artists to share their work with the entire city and the thousands of visitors that will come to Miami for both iiiPoints and Art Basel.
We have an amazing group of over 20 talented artists that are taking
part in this effort. It's going to be up to you to decide which of them
gets a sky-high canvas to share their work. You can see them all in our
gallery, and if you go to the project page on our website
you can vote
for who you want to see on these boards! At the end of the funding
period our selection committee will award 3 winners from the 5 highest
vote getters to receive a 14'x42' canvas to bless Miami with their
Mock-up billboard by artist Mark T Smith
What We Need and How We'll Spend It
In order to make this project a reality we are looking to raise $110,000. These funds will be used as follows:
- Purchase of 3 boards for 2 months and production fees: $70k
- Materials so artists are not paying out of pocket for their creations: $5k
- Perks, campaign production fees, etc: $5k
- Indiegogo's fees: $10k
- Remaining collected funds to be shared amongst the 3 winning artists
- AdBombing will not keep $.01 of funds raised from this initiative
Should we be lucky enough to exceed our target by a significant margin
we will buy additional billboards so even more of the artists that you
chose will get to share their work with us and we can reclaim even more
of our spaces.
We also accept bitcoin! If you would like to donate this way please do so here. We will transfer bitcoin donations to the Indiegogo account and provide you with recognition and appropriate perks if you contact us at time of donation.
Did Somebody Say Perks?
We want to express our gratitude for your support of this project, and to do so we've come up with some unique perks for all donation levels. Some of our favorites are:
- For only $25 you get a chance to win all of the available perks including one of the completed billboards to keep or provide to your local museum
- For $100 you get the official poster of the project featuring artwork from the 3 billboards
- For $1000 you get one of only 50 official hand numbered fine prints of the project featuring artwork from the 3 billboards
- For $25,000 you will gain a truly unique piece of original art as you become owner of one of the completed billboards
Mock-up billboard by artist Danielle Hein
Let's Reclaim Our Space
Together we can make our environment a little more appealing and inspiring. Together we can replace some ad space with art space. Your support will allow us to give talented artists the chance to share vision with an entire city, and have their work seen by the most important people in the world at the same time. Your support will allow us to give a city easier access to the art and artists from their own communities. Your support will allow us to do this project again and again, today it's Miami, tomorrow it could be your city.
Thank you so much for all your support. We'd also like to send a special word of thanks to the artists that have taken part in this project. They have dedicated a lot of time and energy to this effort, and without them this project never happens. Remember to check them out in the gallery and after you donate go vote for who you want to see win a billboard!
Whether you can afford to donate or not, please connect with us on your favorite social networks and tell your friends. Don't forget to tag us and use #AdBombing.