Ability Jobs Plus is more than a job site for citizens with disabilities.
It’s a movement to change the way the world views disabilities. It’s going to be awesome, but you know how movements start...
And if you don't... check out this video.
It takes one person to stand up and do something no one else is doing. So here I am waving my arms around trying to start this movement.
Now it’s your turn. I’m calling on you to be a leader.
Join the movement to empower disabled individuals around the country lead productive lives by supporting Ability Jobs Plus.
I’m here to make my vision come true.
With the funding from Indiegogo I’ll be able to:
-Improve our site
-Bring on a marketing team that will help us spread the word about our site
-Recruit employers to post on the site
-Serve the 54 million disabled Americans around the country
The site has come a long way since the initial launch in January 2012...
...but I’m not stopping yet.
$10,000 will be able to reach thousands of people and employers. We’ll be able to help hundreds of disabled people find job opportunities.
$15,000 will get us there for longer. We’ll be able to reach out to even more employers and further grow our user base even larger, help THOUSANDS of people with disabilities find meaningful employment.
So what’s in it for you? Aside from getting to be part of an awesome movement that actually helps people, there a few perks…
- $5 will get you a thank you and a virtual high five!
- $10 will get you a thank you and a virtual high five AND your name on our wall of fame!
- $25 will get you a thank you and a virtual high five AND your name on our wall of fame AND 3 Months of Premium for you or someone you know
- $50 will get you a thank you and a virtual high five AND your name on our wall of fame AND 3 months of Premium for you or someone you know AND a limited edition AbilityJobsPlus T-Shirt
- $100 will get you a thank you and a virtual high five AND your name on our wall of fame AND 3 months of Premium for you or someone you know AND a limited edition AbilityJobsPlus T-Shirt for you and a friend!
- $500: For Businesses: Free Unlimited Job Posting for a Year!
- $500: For Users: Resume review by our team to help you AND Premium membership for life
- $10,000 Dinner with the owner. He’ll share his vision, his passion, and his gratitude by picking up the check. We will fly you out and pick up the tab!
Why is this project important?
19% of Americans are disabled. That’s 54 million people. According to the US Census Bureau, 13.3 million people between the ages of 16 and 64 “reported difficulty finding a job or remaining employed because of a health condition.”
I’m ready for this to change and you should be too, so let’s make it happen.
Disabled Americans are capable of doing a variety of jobs; unfortunately, most aren’t given the opportunity to show their abilities. I want to give them a chance to find the employment like all other Americans, which is where www.abilityjobsplus.com comes in.
AbilityJobsPlus is a site dedicated to helping people with disabilities find employment. While other sites might claim they help the disabled in their job search, in my experience that couldn’t be further from the truth. I know firsthand, because I am one of the 54 million Americans living with a disability. For years I searched for employment on mainstream job sites, but with no luck, because I use a walker full-time. However, this doesn’t mean I’m not qualified to do a variety of jobs. The same is true for millions of Americans who are viewed as “incapable” simply because of a “disability.”
We are strong, intelligent and ready to work. Let’s make it happen!
So how will we change this?
AbilityJobsPlus.com strictly only accepts postings from companies that hire disabled veterans and disabled non-military. We cater to those with mental or physical disabilities that want to be employed.
How do I join the movement?
Every little bit helps (really even $5), but if you’re looking for additional ways to grow the movement, here are some suggestions:
- Check out our website and sign up to get more information about our relaunch.
- Share this campaign with all your friends and family and encourage them to join the movement too.
- Share this campaign with your current and past employers. Give them the opportunity to be an integral part of the movement by contributing or posting jobs on the site.
Your contribution shows you are ready to support and empower disabled Americans.
Grow the movement, contribute today!
Ability Jobs Plus