605 has now received an invitation to perform its newest work at the 10th Anniversary edition of Fall For Dance Festival (FFD), hosted by the prestigious New York City Centre in Manhattan. This incredible opportunity marks 605's NYC debut, and its largest venue to date, performing for over 2700 attendees each night. This year, 605 Collective is one of 20 companies invited from around the world, sharing the stage with the likes of Doug Elkins, The Royal Ballet, Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Alvin Ailey, and Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo. FFD is a major platform for showcasing both rising choreographers and legends of contemporary dance. 605 stands to gain tremendous exposure from this engagement, opening new doors that may support future creation projects, and launching the company forward with new international touring opportunities.
Directly following FFD, the company prepares for its next major Canadian tour, continuing to help build dance audiences in remote communities on the Made In BC: Dance on Tour network, as well as performing in larger venues in Eastern Canada (see dates below). As a non-for-profit organization, part of our mandate is to bring dance to anyone and everyone, sharing our work with as broad an audience as possible, and we need your help to keep expanding our reach.
What We Need & What You Get:
We need to raise over $2500 to assist with the company's Fall 2013 travel expenses, which include costs for flights and ground transport, extra baggage and shipment for costumes, set pieces, and equipment, and hotel accommodation for 8 travelling company members in each of the visited cities:
605 Collective Fall 2013 Touring Dates:
September 27th - 28th, 2013 - Fall For Dance Festival, New York City Center, NYC
October 20th, 2013 - Dance Allsorts, Roundhouse Community Centre, Vancouver, BC
Oct 21st-24th, 2013 - Outreach/Community Engagement Residency in Golden, BC
October 25th, 2013 - Kicking Horse Culture, Golden BC
October 30th, 2013 - Mount Elizabeth Theatre, Kitimat, BC
November 2nd, 2013 - Lester Centre for the Arts, Prince Rupert, BC
November 9th, 2013 - Crimson Coast Dance, The Port Theatre, Nanaimo, BC
November 14th - 16th, 2013 - DanceWorks, Enwave Theatre, Toronto, ON
November 20th - 23rd, 2013 - Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, Burnaby, BC
November 30th, 2013 - Harbourfront Theatre, Summerside, PEI
December 5th - 7th, 2013 - Live Art Dance, Sir James Dunn Theatre, Halifax, NS
Travelling from coast to coast is expensive for our young company, and costs can add up very quickly. Every dollar raised makes a difference, and your support will help us pull it off.
About the Perks:
- An 8x10 Print of 605 Collective - Choose from one of three photos taken of the company's dancers in action by dance photographer extraordinaire David Cooper. (Please See Gallery for Options) Photo can be signed, or left unsigned, and delivered by Mail to specified address.
- Complimentary Tickets to a 605 performance - Claimants can chose from any of the above dates/cities listed, with the tickets (general seating) available at the box office for pick-up under specified name.
For "The Big Apple" Perk Only:
- Post-Show "Meet The Artists" - Stick around after the performance and meet 605's dancers and crew for a personal thank-you. Ask questions, and learn about the 605's creation process and "behind-the-scenes" of a dance performance.
- Can't make it to a show? Rather than tickets, receive a DVD of Archival Performance Footage from one of 605's live dance productions to watch whenever you'd like.
605 Collective has a proven track record of successfully touring and performing its energetic work, reaching thousands of people in 34 cities across Canada/USA with a countless number of shows. By giving to this cause you are helping these young artists take full advantage of their largest opportunity to date. If we are successful beyond our goal with this campaign, all additional funds will be put towards future touring and dissemination.
All young dancers and choreographers have a goal of sharing their work on a big and beautiful stage, in front of a large audience, and in a cultural hub like New York - you can help us make this a reality.
Other Ways To Support 605:
"Start Spreadin' The News....!" If you're unable to contribute financially, you can still be a part of it:
- Help get the word out and make some noise about our campaign! You can easily share a link to this page with friends and fellow dance-lovers from your Facebook/Twitter accounts or a with personal email.
- Simply "Like" 605's Facebook Page, and invite others to join, so you can stay up-to-date with all of 605's ongoing activity and performances.
- Come attend one of our shows and bring your friends. Dance is a powerful, ephemeral experience best taken in live. We'd love to see you in our audience.
Thank-you for helping us achieve our goal!