UPDATE: WE'RE BLOWN AWAY BY THE SUPPORT FOR THIS CAMPAIGN! We want this campaign to be as successful as possible so, WE'VE OPENED UP ANOTHER 1000 JERSEYS! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all for joining the fight. Together we can make a difference…
“We wanted to do something impactful to help our veterans. We hope to raise awareness for the seriousness of their issues and to donate to the organizations that are making a difference to better the lives of our veterans.”- Five Finger Death Punch
FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH have enjoyed tremendous support from their military fans over the years and have decided to give back to veterans with the video to “Wrong Side Of Heaven”.
The video, written by the band and directed by Nick Peterson, is intended to increase knowledge about the plight of veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and its larger repercussions for our country by way of affecting their mental and physical health, family life, assimilation back home after service and garnering quality job placement, among other issues.
To coincide with the release of the video and to support the partner organizations and our veterans suffering from PTSD, Five Finger Death Punch have launched the this crowdfunding campaign. The idea is simple:
- Our goal is to raise $50,000.
- To honor our veterans and these organizations, a limited edition jersey designed by Zoltan Bathory is available EXCLUSIVELY for this campaign.
- These jerseys will ONLY be made, if we hit our goal.
- 100% of the profits will go to benefit our partner organizations and support their efforts to help our veterans suffering from PTSD.
The Statistics tell the story...
- There are over 2.3 million American veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars at least 20% of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans have PTSD and/or Depression.
- An estimated 460,000 veterans suffer from PTSD.
- Over 260,000 veterans from Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom so far have been diagnosed with TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).
- There are 300,000 homeless veterans sleeping on the streets…and 1.4 million at the risk of becoming homeless.
- Veterans have to wait months for an initial doctors appointment.
- The Veterans Administration have resources to serve only fractions of our veterans.
- Nearly 5000 veterans die by their own hands every year…that’s one veteran every 2 hours.
Risks & Challenges
People value your transparency. Be open and stand out by providing insight into the risks and obstacles you may face on the way to achieving your goal.
- Share what qualifies you to overcome these hurdles.
- Describe your plan for solving these challenges.
Other Ways You Can Help
We understand that some fans will be unable to contribute, but that doesn't mean you can't help:
- Spread the word! Share the campaign using the Indiegogo share tools.
- If you're interested in joining the cause or you are a vet in need of help, check out 5FDP4VETS.com for a list of our partner organizations.
- Also, check out 5FDP4VETS.com for information on how you can participate in our Dog Tag Memorial "Wall of Heroes".