24 Frames Art and Music Event
Raising funds to hold art and music events for the PBS Digital Studios program, 24 Frames in Lubbock Texas.
Video / Web
2 Team Members
- My name is Paul Allen Hunton and I am the EMMY nominated creator of the PBS Digital Studios series "24 Frames" produced by Texas Tech Public Broadcasting.
- Since I came to Lubbock 3 years ago I've discovered one of the most amazing and flourishing art and music scenes in the country. Sure, we have Buddy Holly, BUT THERE IS SO MUCH MORE! The show has helped us shine a light on some great musicians like The Thrift Store Cowboys, Lenora Sol, and Veda Moon in our South Plains Sessions segment that ends every show. We've also been able to feature amazing artists like Music Poster Artist Dirk Fowler, Writer Singer/Songwriter Andy Wilkinson, Fine Artist Joe Garnett and Comic Book Artist Will Terrell.
- We want to expand the reach of the show by holding events that will allow us to engage with our audience in new and interesting ways. Imagine a TED event but only about musicians and artists with music, stories, and entertainment! We want to continue to build on the arts and music community in Lubbock and West Texas and help connect us to them, to each other, and to YOU!
- We are aiming for a goal of $10,000! Plus PBS Digital Studios will match every dollar you contribute with a dollar of their own for up to $20,000. This amount of money will allow us to create 24 Frames events in Lubbock and West Texas where artists and musicians can come together to collaborate, discover, and create.
- You may be saying " I don't even live in Lubbock, why do I care about any of this?" We have a lot of great stuff to give away as part of this campaign including a limited edition one-of-a-kind "24 Frames" poster created by poster artist Dirk Fowler!
- All the money collected will go towards holding live "24 Frames" art/music shows. $10,000 gives us the space to hold several events this year and anything less will be scaled down accordingly.
- Art and music have the power to change the world. We truly feel that sharing stories of artists and the arts helps impact people's lives in big ways. In just one of many stories we've shared on the show artist Joe Garnett talked about how his art saved his life. We believe our events can help inspire people to achieve their dreams and create beautiful things for humanity.
- This isn't our first rodeo, we've held great events for the public in Lubbock including our town hall screening of Ken Burns' "The Central Park Five" documentary, our Cat and The Hat Knows a lot About That Christmas party at the Goedeke Library, our sneak peek Downton Abbey event at LHUCA and our screening of The Latino Americans at Premiere Cinemas.
- Look, this isn't about the people who make "24 Frames" it's about all of you, we're not making a dime off of this, we truly want to share with the community what we already know; Lubbock is a wonderful city with amazing artists and musicians!
- Maybe right now you don't have money you can contribute, that's fine! Help us by sharing this campaign on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and any other social network you may be a part of. Every little bit helps and just getting the word out is half the battle.
- Indiegogo offers amazing ways that you can share this campaign all over the internet. Remember to click/share and spread the word about what we're doing! Thanks!