WE DID IT.
We blew past our $18,000 goal: "Blessed Unrest" is fully funded!
You read the messages (and there were many! Now I know how Obama '12 feels). You listened to the songs. You took time to express support.
You gave hard-earned money, gave again, and asked others to join. I've never felt this much support, for something so meaningful to me.
We had our recording session September 18-25, 2012 at SpiritHouse Studio in Northampton, MA.
The official album release date is January 31, 2013!
Thank you again.
I only hope I have the same chance to support you with your own goals and dreams!
With love and gratitude,
THE ORIGINAL PROJECT DESCRIPTION
SNEAK MUSICAL PEAK
HELP FUND A SOUNDTRACK FOR SOCIAL CHANGE
My name is Zo Tobi, and I'm an artist, songwriter, life & leadership coach, and activist / organizer. I've dedicated my life to inspiring and empowering others to live purposeful lives and make the difference they're here to make.
On September 18th, I'm entering the studio to make my first professionally-produced record, "Blessed Unrest," meant as a soundtrack for social change -- and I need to raise $18,000 by September 16th to make it happen!
This has been a dream of mine for years. I'm excited, nervous, scared, and ready to give this my all. Will you help me make this dream a reality?
In times when many of us are struggling, I'm humbled that over 200 people have given small and large amounts to help fund this record. Calling friends to ask for money, I've seen the courage it takes to answer the phone, when you just can't give what you wish you could.
If less than 100 more people give $50 each, we'll blow past our goal!
With your help, I can get an amazing 5-song EP into the hands of changemakers everywhere. I'll be recording at one of the finest studios in the US, and working with some of the most top-notch producers in the music industry. With your help, I'll be able to spread this music far and wide, to all the folks who work tirelessly every day for positive social change.
WHY THIS RECORD, WHY DONATE, WHY NOW
This music is different, and this record is important. I think you'll love the spiritually-driven folk/rock/gospel songwriting, the sophisticated guitar-playing, and the rich instrumentation... but on top of that, this album will be specifically designed to inspire, encourage, and re-fuel all those working towards a thriving, just, sustainable world.
By donating now to this project, you'll be helping me bring much-needed songs of celebration, courage, and solidarity to:
- People just starting to explore their role as changemakers, who need inspiration as they inquire;
- People already making a difference in their communities and the world, who need some fuel to keep going; and
- People burnt out from trying to make change, who need to find clarity about what really matters to them and how they can best make a difference while still living fulfilling lives.
Wherever we are in life, we all have ideas and dreams and we want our lives to make a difference. I believe my music can inspire us to turn those ideas into action, and to live our lives at the intersection of our greatest passions and the world's greatest needs.
With the growing crises in today's world, there's never been greater need for us to give our gifts and talents toward positive change... And there's never been a more important time than now for music to inspire us and keep us going.
WHERE THE MONEY WILL GO
Every cent counts, and the more we raise for this record, the better it will be. This is exactly where you money will go:
- $7,200 for studio time & producer fees at SpiritHouse Music (www.spirithousemusic.com), one of the finest recording studios in the US;
- $3,200 to compensate Bonnie Milner, a masterful producer with over 200 platinum records under her belt, who has already generously donated months of time to this project;
- $1,500 for the best professional musicians around, to add drums, bass, piano and more to these songs;
- $200 for hard drives and other technical equipment for the recording process; and
- $5,900 for mixing, mastering, design & artwork, replication of the physical CDs themselves, and other various costs.
I myself won't keep any of the funds, because I see this album as an investment I'm making to bring my music career and my work of inspiring and empowering changemakers to the next level.
It's a tough time to try to make a difference in the world, and it's easy to give up. I myself "burnt out" -- and it was music that brought me back. Music reminded me who I am and what matters most. Music reminded me that I'm never alone, and that when my time through, just like everyone else I want to know I gave all I had to give, to leave this world better than I found it.
I'm making this record to give the world songs to remind us all that each of our lives count, and together we can make the difference we're here to make.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
Please give what you can, and if you can't contribute financially right now, I'd love if you helped spread the word! Make sure to:
- Share this campaign with others (copy this as an email to your networks, and share on Twitter & Facebook too),
- "Like" my Facebook Page and RSVP to the Facebook Event, &
- Sign up on my email list to stay connected.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I know there are many other things you could be doing right now, so I appreciate you being willing to give this your attention.
I look forward to hearing from you!
With love & gratitude,