Over the years I have seen countless people misdiagnosed, undergo multiple surgeries, become dependent on painkillers, and suffer from 20-30 years of accumulated back pain. Types of back pain may vary, but everyone suffers the same: limited mobility, loss in quality of life, and over time -- minor to severe depression.
For those who suffer, our health services industry has little to offer beyond pain medication, shots, generic PT sessions, and surgery. Oftentimes the solution is much, much simpler. If only everyone understood how the body works.
Dr. Uchenna Umeh
Most back pain comes from imbalances in our musculoskeletal systems – overly tight hamstrings, psoas, weaknesses in the pelvic floor and hips, etc. The causes of back pain are complex and unique to each individual, but can often be solved by releasing what’s tight and strengthening what’s weak. No drugs, machines, or anything invasive.
This is the beginning of a video series that will educate you about what goes on in your spine and how to take better care of it. It will feature:
- 3D animation and anatomical science to clearly illustrate key joints and muscles
- People of various shapes demonstrating how to move and stretch correctly
- Do's and don'ts of yoga poses. Why it can be both helpful and hurtful
- Explanations of WHY you have lower back pain and HOW you can change that
About me and my practice
I am the founder of Tree of Life Yoga in Emeryville, CA, and I specialize in rehabilitating people with various types of spine ailments. Through yoga and movement, I have helped hundreds of clients in the SF Bay Area find relief from decades of back pain. My work is based on the scientific principles of the human body, extensive anatomy and kinesiology, and the intuitive teachings of therapeutic yoga.
Testimonials from my clients
Dr. Uchenna Umeh
Dr. Lanford Weingrod
Dr. Chitra Chandran
What we need and what you get
With a base goal of $20,000, you will enable me to:
- Create 3D animations to demonstrate everyday movements of the lumbar spine
- Use real people to show you how to move properly and modify poses according to your flexibility, strength, and body type
- Employ an experienced producer and film crew to create a high definition video
With a stretch goal of $30,000, I will enhance this video further by:
- Adding an important section focusing on sciatica, a problem almost everyone will face at some point
- Creating more comprehensive 3D animations to illustrate the various causes of sciatica
- Explaining why this ailment is so often misdiagnosed and how you can find relief from this horrible pain
Awesome backer rewards like:
Help me on this mission to educate and empower people worldwide!