Hi guys, this is David from Wikiduca. Welcome to our humble fundraiser :)
Wikiduca is a browser game with a rich background story that is full of educational interactive videos and minigames to help kids with school.
I've been teaching kids and working in IT for a long time and the more I work in IT, the more I love teaching kids! :P Their amazing imagination and love for life just keeps one young! But most importantly, teaching gives me a sense of purpose beyond anything else I've ever done.
Anyway, one day both of my passions converged. My friend Anton (a brilliant programmer) and I decided to make the most amazing educational browser-game ever created: one that kids would love as much as Pokemon and Harry Potter while also helping them with school and keeping them away from empty and even harmful videogames (full of violence, etc).
And before we knew it, we were getting it done! Anton and I started working on Wikiduca full time and turning the idea into something truly wonderful.
But it did have a big price on our lives. We had to quit the dayjob in order to put enough time into Wikiduca. We are now selling our stuff to pay for food and fighting to survive for a few more months while we get our first version launched.
That's why we need your help: please donate towards our living costs and buy us time so we can keep working on Wikiduca until we launch in summer.
What you will help us achieve:
To provide FREE, quality learning through Wikiduca to any child with internet access. This is specially important in developing countries where quality education is a rare privilege at an impossible price but shared computers with internet access are becoming common.
Full disclosure: In order to sustain the project, the game will have optional extras that may be purchased by parents as rewards for their kids for learning achievements. This will allow people with means to help us offer our full core service for free to anybody.
What we need and how your donations will help:
We just need about $5000 for the following:
- About $3000 will help towards our living costs until summer (2 people, 3 months) so we can keep working on Wikiduca full time.
- About $2000 will go towards freelance help: generous and talented freelancers that truly believe in our cause have agreed to help us at the unbelievable rate of $10 an hour. This is the case of our artist, who has created our logo and characters.
Any extra will go towards:
- Eating some vegetables with our pasta and water :)
- More freelancer help to make the game even better.
What you get:
The perks listed to the right and most importantly, we hope you get satisfaction:
- For giving kids a game that aids in their education and makes their gaming and online time useful.
- For giving them a good alternative to empty and harmful videogames.
- For giving underpriviledged kids access to free and quality educational content that they could otherwise not afford.
As for the perks:
Wikiduca is a game and the best perks are super cool thanks to that fact! We name items and characters after you and you will appear in the game forever! Imagine how proud you child will be when you tell him/her. Not every kid has a family member or friend in a videogame he/she loves!
Also, we´ll publish a list of Honorable Sponsors on wikiduca.com to echo your names in eternity as our supporters :)
Check out the perks to the right for more details!
By the way, if we don't reach our entire goal, we'll spend what we get on rent and pasta and work ourselves to death (we do anyway) while it lasts!
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can’t donate $, you can still help!
- You can donate work! Please do it! All hands on deck, we'll take all the help we can get. Whether you are creative and a good story writer or you can use photoshop, edit videos or help us with marketing and social media, please do it! Even the craziest skill could be super helpful!
Please write to email@example.com and let us know if you can help with work.
- Email and pitch anyone that will listen to help our cause with a donation.
- Click the facebook like button and twitter button at the top! Now!! :P
PD: If things go well, we'll fight to get to Sillicon Valley this summer! Please help us launch!
Thanks so much!
Team on This Campaign: