View pages of the book here
This is a prerelease version of the book and is subject to change. It's only purpose is to give you an idea of the style and content of the book.
When You Were Young
When I Was Young
This is the first book that Leah Reed and Joseph Gats have ever published together. It's not really a children's book but it's presented in a style that anyone can appreciate. Simple but fun.
This campaign is aimed at printing and distributing printed copies of the book. It's also a great way for you the reader to join in on the creative process. Readers of the book can choose to submit content and that content will be added to the book with art to supplement it.
The book will always be free in digital media and so even if you choose not to donate we hope you choose to enjoy the book with someone you care about.
What We Need & What You Get
This is how the money will be used:
- We are working towards getting the book printed and distributed.
- All funds received will go towards that goal. The more funds we collect, the more copies of the book we can print and the less expensive it will cost per unit.
- Supporters of the book who can contribute $25 or more will have the opportunity to submit their own experiences to the book which will be included in both the printed and digital versions. There is limited space in the printed version and so early contributors will have a greater chance of making it into that version. We do ask that you keep your submissions appropriate to the intended audience of the book which is all ages. Also we ask that no trademarked words or concepts be included in user submitted entries. Along with your content, we will also print your name and city.
- Whatever funds we get, be they big or small will go towards the publication and distribution of the book. Contributors at the $25 or above levels will get a free signed and numbered copy.
- All other contributors will have their names and city printed in the digital version of the book in a special thank you section. For those who contribute $10 or more, you will be able to also include a 140 character note under your name in the special thank you section (limitations based on appropriate content).
Other Ways You Can Help
Please share this with all your friends and family. This is a fun project that everyone can be a part of.