- Love movies? Ever want to be a part of an actual Hollywood motion picture? A horror picture featuring classic-type monsters and sexy ladies? Here's your chance!
My production company FRONTLINE ENTERTAINMENT, INC. (see www.FrontlineFilms.com) is now in serious preproduction on our next horror movie, a sexy female werewolf film. (Sorry, for the present the film’s title is being kept secret; as it’s very commercial and I don’t want to risk anyone else using it.) Werewolf movies are currently very much in vogue (e.g., the TWILIGHT saga).
My passion for movie-making began at age nine when, in my Chicago backyard, I made my first of an eventual total of 41 amateur films. I later I realized my dream, producing/writing/directing six independent professional, feature-length, campy/sexy horror and fantasy movies (see www.FrontlineFilms.com), all released and currently available from Amazon.com. These include DINOSAUR VALLEY GIRLS, SCARLET COUNTESS, THE MUMMY’S KISS, COUNTESS DRACULA’S ORGY OF BLOOD, THE MUMMY’S KISS: 2ND DYNASTY and BLOOD SCARAB – all released (TV, limited theatrical, video, DVD, etc.)
- The movie will be produced by Dan Golden, who has produced and/or directed numerous movies, many of them for "King of the Bs" legend Roger Corman and the SyFy Channel. Cleve A. Hall, star of SyFy 's hit "MONSTER MAN" reality TV series, will create the werewolf make-ups, gore effects and special props.
But getting films (even low-budget ones) financed is tough, which is why I'm trying Indiegogo to help fund my new project in part. I am contributing between $75,000 and $100.000 of my own money to make this movie. But I’d still need approximately $175,000. The extra funds would mean a higher budget, resulting in a much better product, and could also mean less money out of my own pocket.
The plot centers on the last werewolf in Europe – a beautiful “young” woman who is actually centuries old, who flees to the USA and starts a brothel (her “den”) of lusty female werewolves, immortality via blood sacrifices, a beautiful “lost girl” who becomes a member of her “pack,” a charismatic Native American psychic investigating the gruesome “full moon murders” and … oops!, I don’t want to give away too much of the plot.
To keep costs down, I am writing, directing, casting, etc. the movie for no payment. FYI, all the movies I’ve written and directed look several times more expensive than they cost to make – because I work with very talented and dedicated people who put all the money up on the screen. And all my films – as do I – are very popular and have sizable fan followings.
So far there's no trailer or advance artwork, the movie has not yet been officially cast, although a model has posed for several “teaser” photos. I’d rather put the costs for such things into the film itself rather than in advance promotions. The werewolf make-ups and special horror effects will be done by famous effects artist Cleve A. Hall, who has a long list of movie and television credits, including starring in SyFy Channel's "MONSTER MAN" reality-TV series. Popular Hollywood personality "Count Smokula"(www.CountSmokula.com) has already been filmed playing a whacky "TV horror host" character.
The movie will be entirely made in the USA, shot in Hollywood and surrounding areas. We plan to shoot the movie in January or February, pending casting, location, availability of talent, etc.
As for myself (see www.DonaldFGlut.com), I've written live-action & animation TV scripts, novels, short stories, comic books, articles, music, etc. & have a considerable fan following. I’ve been written for or otherwise have been associated with such established franchises as TRANSFORMERS, SPIDER-MAN, MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, TARZAN, THE MONKEES, SUPER FRIENDS, DR. SPEKTOR, DINOTOPIA, VAMPIRELLA, G.I JOE, ULTRAMAN, Disney, Warner Bros. and other cartoon characters, and many others. I'm also a musician, lecturer & voice-over actor. Probably I''m best known for writing the best-selling novelization of the movie THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. I have a very large fan following.
Hopefully Indiegogo will increase our budget substantially before the next full moon!
Donald F. Glut
President, FRONTLINE ENTERTAINMENT, INC.
Contributors fund ideas they can be passionate about and to people they trust. Here are some things to do in this section:
- Introduce yourself and your background.
- Briefly describe your campaign and why it’s important to you.
- Express the magnitude of what contributors will help you achieve.
Remember, keep it concise, yet personal. Ask yourself: if someone stopped reading here would they be ready to make a contribution?
What We Need & What You Get
Break it down for folks in more detail:
- Explain how much funding you need and where it’s going. Be transparent and specific—people need to trust you to want to fund you.
- Tell people about your unique perks. Get them excited!
- Describe where the funds go if you don’t reach your entire goal.
Feel free to explain more about your campaign and let people know how the difference their contribution will make:
- Explain why your project is valuable to the contributor and to the world.
- Point out your successful track record with projects like this (if you have one).
- Make it real for people and build trust.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- Ask folks to get the word out and make some noise about your campaign.
- Remind them to use the Indiegogo share tools!
And that’s all there is to it.