UPDATE: The End of a Successful Campaign
A Message from the Founder:
Just two weeks in and this campaign has already been a huge success. Not in terms of fundraising, but in terms of positive experience.
From the start, I knew that crowd funding a venture of this type was going to be next to impossible. It’s hard enough getting people to pay for a service that already exists, let alone one that doesn’t! However, I decided to go through with the campaign because I knew that it would be a great learning experience and it would be a great way to market test the Weavir concept.
Now that it's been market tested, I can focus on Weavir's core competencies and simplify them so that the platform can be easily adopted by new users after it gets funding.
I’m still actively searching for:
- A Co-founder that is passionate about music and can bring something to the table in terms of technical/business experience and/or funding.
- Angel investors who might be interested in connecting with me and/or viewing the Business Plan.
- Feedback! What you liked, what you didn’t like, anything at all!
Please use this Contact page to connect. There is an option to do so anonymously if you’d like.
PLEASE "Like" Weavir on Facebook so you can stay updated!
Thank you to everyone who has contributed and helped me with the campaign. You have all been an immensely important part of this process. Although it may be the end of the campaign, it is really just the beginning of Weavir.
Music Blogs That Support Weavir:
Below is a list of music blogs that will be responsible for the music that users can discover on the platform. Many more will be added during and after the campaign as well.
What is Weavir?
Weavir is a social discovery service. This sets it apart from other discovery services because you can discover up-to-date music and concerts through similar people, and you can discover similar people through up-to-date music and concerts. Weavir incorporates music discovery with both the social and live experience aspects of music.
Weavir’s user interface will allow the user to easily navigate back and forth between musical content, and other users who interact with that content.
This campaign outlines a visionary portrayal of the platform with a sizeable user base. After funding, the Weavir platform will launch with a less complex interface that still incorporates the basic concepts.
- The ability to visualize and compare the people in any user's network.
- The ability to visualize and compare the people involved in an activity.
- The newest musical content by the best blogs in the industry (Read More).
- Co-Concerts™: A concert crowdfunding service (Read More).
- Tour schedules and concert recommendations for popular venues
On the left is a music related news feed called The Jam Session.
On the bottom is an interactive concert called The Game Plan. Through an innovative concert crowdfunding feature, Weavir enables fans to bring the artists that they want to see to their local WEavir Venues.
For a full description of the layout and functionality of Weavir, click the links provided above and below, or visit Weavir.com/blog.
Weavir's User Interface: The Web
The Web collects and displays user's clicks, likes, and listens.
- Users will be able to determine what the interface displays by activating Fan View, Artist View, or Music View.
- The user can then select content, like a friend, or a song, and the interface will display the Fans, Artists, or Music that are associated with their selection(s).
- Examples: If you select Artist View, then click on an friend (Fan). You'll see your friend's favorite artists. If you select Music View, then click on an artist, you'll see that artist's music.
How The Web is organized:
- Fans, Artists, and Music that are most similar to you, or your interests, are displayed closest to the center.
- Fans, Artists, and Music that are least similar to you, or your interests, are displayed further from the center.
- Distances change as users "vibe" new things, listen to new music, attend new concerts, and interact with each other.
- Strangers appear on each other's Webs, and a connection is recommended, when their musical tastes become similar enough.
Weavir will stand out from other services by providing users with the newest and latest music. The musical content that is accessible to users on Weavir will be sourced from a select group of music blogs. This musical content is displayed as "Beat Boxes" when using Weavir's Music View.
Some things user's can discover while using Music View:
- Music from a friend, fan, or artist that is most similar to your favorite music.
- A fan's favorite music, or an artist's most popular music.
- Other songs or artists that are similar to a song or artist you like.
Learn the specifics by visiting the Music View page. All musical content is sourced from a select number of Music Blogs. The capabilities that Weavir users will have when searching, playing, and sharing this musical content on the network will be determined through compliance with the compulsory license for webcasting established in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
So... What can YOU do with Weavir?
First off, you can crowdfund the concerts that YOU want to see. Secondly, because of the way that The Web works with the rest of the platform, there are a lot of things you can do and discover on Weavir that you can’t on any other network. Check out the links below:
Become a part of Weavir...
Weavir will be the first music-related web platform that will use crowd funding to build a community of users that will help create the platform through creative engagement and feedback. By contributing $25 or more to the Weavir project, and then choosing your role:
- You get to join the official WEavir Community.
- You and the other contributors will be invited to the closed WEavir Community Facebook groups
- You will receive branded promotional materials
- Most importantly, you become a part of something that has never been done before!
To find out what your money is going towards: please visit Where is the Money Going?
To learn more about the structure of the Weavir Community and how you might fit in and play your part: please visit: The WEavir Community.
Why Indiegogo? And How it Works
First of all, this Indiegogo campaign is an all-or-nothing model. If the goal is not reached by the end of the fundraiser, your account will NOT be charged!
To pledge funds to the Weavir project, either click the pink “Contribute Now” button on the top right of this page, or click "Claim this Perk" on one of the contribution perks. From there, you can login through Paypal or pay with a debit/credit card. If you have questions about funding this project, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you have any contacts that you think would be helpful to myself, or the Weavir team, or any questions or comments please email us at email@example.com.