The Stone Circle UBUNTU Community Centre is part of the Stone Circle Bistro & Museum which lies in the beautiful Elands River Valley, Mpumalanga province in South Africa. This is the TRUE Cradle of Humankind. It was started by Michael Tellinger in 2008 after discovering the ancient ruins and vanished civilisations of southern Africa. The venue is also the home of the UBUNTU Liberation Movement and provides a community centre for artists and other activities.
Michael’s continued research and discoveries have brought thousands of people to the beautiful part of the world to experience the mystery of the stone circles and especially Adam’s Calendar. This ancients stone calendar is possibly the oldest man-made structure on Earth, linking us to the true origins of humankind. Michael’s books Adam’s Calendar and Temples of The African Gods go into great detail on the subject. Stone Circle Bistro & Museum has gone though a tough time in the past 4 years under various bad management teams who pretty much destroyed Michael’s dream.
We realised that we were missing out on a critical part of our service that would allow more people to come visit and stay for a few days while exploring the mountains and the ancient ruins – accommodation. All the guesthouses in town are always full while we keep sending our guests away. We realised that we have ample space to create a successful backpackers and other basic accommodation for our guest. This is what we are doing to make the venue more sustainable and survive into the future.
We have a new young manager called Jarred, who comes with experience in catering and managing one of the best backpackers in South Africa on the Wild Coast. He is a handyman of note and within one week has already changed the face of our wonderful venue. He is ready and able to make the Stone Circle UBUNTU Backpackers in the Cradle of Humankind a destination for everyone who visits South Africa.
We Need Funding for the following
- Building materials
- Showers and toilet
- Solar panels, batteries and lighting – since we are completely off the grid.
- Beds, pillows, linen
- Other interiors like lamps, carpets, towels, crockery,
- Solar fridge and freezer
What You Get
Free accommodation to be taken up at any time in the future whenever you may visit as follows:
$25 – Adam’s Calendar E-book AND Three night accommodation for two (Value $110)
$50 – Three nights accommodation for two AND a tour to the stone circle ruins AND tour of the museum AND an “Adams Calendar” E-book (Value = $180)
$100 – Five nights accommodation for two AND a tour to the stone circles ruins AND a tour of Adam’s Calendar AND an E-book of “Adam’s Calendar”(Value = $260
$500 - Five nights accommodation, a signed copy of Temples of the Africa Gods AND A personal tour to Adams Calendar with Michael Tellinger.
Everyone gets their name on a plaque with their picture on the wall in the Backpackers as a contributor to the building. (Value = $250)
- Our town is in desperate need of affordable accommodation for backpacker and conscious tourists who want to live closer to the land while travelling. Your support will bring great stability to the continued survival of the stone circle museum by being able to offer accommodation. The accommodation will become a true lifeline for the rest of the activities at the UBUNTU Community Centre and help provide an outlet for works of art and culture.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Tell everyone you know about the new UBUNTU Backpackers in the Cradle of Humankind
- Come visit and see the ruins and Adam’s Calendar
- Visit the true cradle of humankind.
- Please use the Indiegogo share tools!
Team on This Campaign:
Founder of the UBUNTU Movement and Stone Circle Museum