Two Strangers One Podcast
For the past year, Chris and Kristyn: TWO STRANGERS ONE PODCAST has produced an comedy Internet radio show (henceforth known as a Podcast), roughly releasing two episodes a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- What happens when two people, that never met, start a Podcast?
- Chris and Kristyn met on Craigslist, when Kristyn was looking for an improv comedy troupe in Rochester, NY area.
- Chris is a comic book/sci-fi nerd.
- Kristyn ia reality TV junkie
- Their first episode was the first time they ever met in person
Our campaign is raise money for a new laptop. Tthe old laptop was destroyed by a two year old with a glass of iced tea. We also have to for pay for a second year of server hosting fees, (Websites that hold the episodes and provide the bandwidth to be downloaded to thousands of computers and poratble devices, i.e. iPods, tablets, & smartphones)
We want to continue to produce entertaing content, which is free to download to anybody with an internet connection and a funny bone. Check out a few episodes at http://www.TwoStrangersOnePodcast.com and come back to contribute.
Get stuff for helping us out
Just like that totebag or Downton Abbey DVD you get when you contibute to PBS, we also have goodies for you:
Explain how much funding you need and where it’s going. Be transparent and specific—people need to trust you to want to fund you.
- $5 - Gets you a ticket to STRANGER-CON, our live recording in front of an audience at THE SPACE (1199 East Main St), in Downtown Rochester NY. Also shchedule to appear, the JJ LANG BAND and possibly some improv comedy. Card subect to change.
- $8 - Gets you two tickets to STRANGER-CON
- $15 - Gets you a DVD archive of the first 100 episodes
- $25 - Gets you a (reusable 4 gigabyte) USB archive of the first 100 episodes.
- $50 - Gets you a copy of the self published book by (co-host) Chris Colon. Movie directoer and fellow Podcaster, KEVIN SMITH (Clerks, Chasing Amy, Red State) says, "This book is a million dollar idea. Chris Colon is on to something."
- $100 - Makes you an OFFICIAL SPONSOR. We can produce a commercial that will air on the podcast for the next 10,000 downloads or you can have an episode dedicated to an interview discussing your product or service.
- $2500 - We will change the name of the the show to, WHATEVER YOU LIKE (provided we could clear the name with our hosting site) Hear your name EVERY time and in episode in perpetuity. We will keep up the same quality of Podcast and continue, our best to keep the show entertaining for the masses.
In the highly unlikey event we don't reach our goal, the first priority is to pay for the next year of server fees. If we cannot raise enough to purchase a Macbook pro, we will seek out a more inexspenve computer, but once you tried the best, it's hard to go back to the rest.
BE A PART OF THE NEXT LEVEL OF ENTERTAINMENT. Podcasts are the future. on-demand, censorship-free, revolutionary, guerilla style comedy.
The money will go to purchase a new MacBook Pro and pay for a second year of server fees at Podomatic.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- Tell your friends aboout us by SHARE or LIKE our page at www.facebook.com/TwoStrangersOnePodcast
- Share this campaign with your friends
- If you happen to have a Macbook Pro laying around
(OSX 10.6 or higher) contact us at TwoStrangersOnePodcast@gmail.com
Thank You for your time, please give generously