This story takes place in Tunisia, 1941, and follows two treasure hunters hired by the Nazis find a mysterious artifact. But this duo have plans of their own. When the Nazis realize they have been double crossed they follow in hot pursuit. Can our heroes make it back to the British Airborne encampment and escape the clutches of the evil Nazis? Stay tuned to find out.
This short is a tribute to one of our favorite genres, Pulp-Adventure. Inspired by such films as Indiana Jones, The Mummy, and influenced by shows like Firefly and Doctor Who. We want to make a fun and exciting action adventure with twist turns and a few surprises. And we want to do right, so we are pulling out all the stops and have enlisted the help our friends; upwards of twenty WWII re-enactors, an amazing stunt team, and some familiar faces.
WHAT WE NEED
- Sound! As you may know half of what makes a movie great is sound. So part of the funds will be going towards a sound mixer.
- Food,water and shelter! We are shooting in the hot desert for three days. The only way we are going to make it through is being well-fed and well hydrated. We need somewhere for the cast and crew to sleep
- Permits! We are going to shooting real blank firing weapons for this with guys in Nazi, Bedouin, and British Airborne costumes. We just want to make sure we have all our bases covered.
- Insurance! We have enlisted the help of stunt guys, EMC monkeys, We are borrowing, yes borrowing, WW2 jeeps, guns, and a lot of other WW2 props. We are going to take amazing care of them but just incase something happens we want to have them insured. Better safe than without a jeep. You may need a getaway vehicle.
- Equipment! We need new hard drives, memory cards and and to rent the Black Magic camera. We could spend all of the money on this alone but don’t worry like all great adventures we have a plan.
Jon Enge and Tom Lipka, have been making youtube content together for almost a year now! And they have had the time of their life doing it. They are ready to kick it up to the next level in all aspects and continue to do so. This film is just the beggining. If you haven’t seen their Youtube channel check it out! www.youtube.com/marsrisingfilms.
WHAT'S DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS FILM
It’s fun! We believe films should be about expression but also it should be entertaining. This film is also different in that a lot of people have come to help Mars rising films out over the past years and we want to give something back. We want to do something that makes all the hard work worth it. Most importantly, we want to take our audience to a time where there was still adventure to be had. We want them to get dirty, feel worn out, taste that dust and feel thirsty for more shouting “Whooooa what a ride!” You in?
"I AM BROKE! BUT WANT TO HELP! WHAT CAN I DO?
Trust me we get it. We really do. It’s awesome you made it this far down the page. So even if you can’t make a monetary contribution you can still help the cause. Give us a shout out on facebook or twitter by posting a link to this page. It would be a huge help! Also go check out our youtube channel and subscribe.
Youtube Channel www.youtube.com/MarsRisingFilms
Facebook us! http://fb.com/Marsrisingfilms