Airports – the word just conjures up so many negative emotions – lines, delays, unhealthy food, and overpriced merchandise.
As frequent travelers ourselves, we understand these issues firsthand. We are a team of 4 people passionate about travel, technology, and solving real problems.
* Chandra * Chris * Eric * Jeff *
And there is no bigger problem that exists in travel today than the "airport experience," or rather, the lack of one. But it doesn't have to be this way. Airports should be a fun part of the travel journey, not a necessary evil - especially since people spend just as much time in airports as they do on the plane itself.
After years of frustration in airports, we realized something was missing. This something is Airports 2.0—the age of the “destination” airport that people enjoy visiting, because it’s built around the customer experience, with Food & Beverage, and Retail concepts that reflect the local culture as well as global passenger taste. As airports are gradually evolving towards this concept, tripchi is building the technology to guide you on the journey to the new “experiential” airport.
With tripchi, part of the excitement of the travel experience will be the time spent at the airport.
tripchi is a mobile app that helps you make the most of your time in the airport. tripchi not only directs you to the nearest airport vendor or locale to fulfill your needs, but goes one step further by serving up recommendations of things to do, sending targeted, cost-saving offers and specials based on your flight information and interests. Whether it's dining, shopping, charging a device, finding a lounge, meeting up with other travelers, or exploring interesting things the airport has to offer, such as special exhibits, tripchi has you covered. Our recommendation engine includes a personality capture, a learning algorithm and data mining so that our deals, offers, and recommendations are relevant to your needs.
Our tripchi mobile app launch will cover multiple airports, starting with the ones you vote for (exclusive for Indiegogo tripchi supporters). We will also give you access before anyone else to the app once it's built, and engage you every step of the way throughout our product development and testing process. We want you to be part of our team, and help us bring Airports 2.0 to the world!
What We Need & What You Get
Our goal is to raise $10,000, which will cover the build out of at least 3 airports (that you vote for). The more we raise, the more airports and specials features, deals, and offers, we can include in the app for Indiegogo tripchi supporters exclusively.
On top of that, we are working with Etsy artisans to develop some exciting perks related to travel! Here's what you can get for your donation tiers (all in USD):
- $15 Travel Dreamer - Vote for the next airport we build (SFO, LAX, ATL, CLT, JFK, DFW, DXB, IAD, LHR) and also get an exclusive tripchi print from our airport art collection, designed by Boston designer/architect Tim Szal (example below). We will also give you a social shout out for donating.
- $30 Keep Calm and Fly On - Never stress out when you travel with our "Keep Calm and Fly On" keychain. This also includes the Travel Dreamer package.
$45 Wander this World - If you like to wander then this is the perk for you, and your bags. We're offering a tripchi branded leather luggage tag in purple or yellow stitching. This perk also includes the Travel Dreamer package.
yellow or purple stitching
$60 Ultimate Mobile Traveler - As an ultimate traveler, you can either choose from our "Keep Calm and Fly On" tripchi iPhone case *or* a tripchi leather passport case. This is also the first of our premium perks which means you will get early Beta access to the app once it's built.
- $75 Travel Saved Your Life, Your Travel Will Save Our Startup - Travel makes you feel like you're truly living, connecting with other places and people you previously only dreamed about. Now you can flaunt your tripchi "Travel Saved My Life" Tshirt knowing that you will help save our startup (as well as your live). This perk also includes early Beta access to the app once it's built.
- $100 Travel with Style - Are you a fashionista? Show off your commitment to travel by flaunting your Airplane Earrings or Airport Code Necklace. They are made from a sturdy metal and etched to remind you that your next fun trip is just around the corner. This perk also includes early Beta access to the app once it's built.
- $150 Never Get Lost - In this exclusive bundle, you will never get lost again. It includes a tripchi leather passport case and tripchi luggage tag (in yellow or purple stitching) - handmade using Bolivian leather. This perk also includes early Beta access to the app once it's built.
- $500 Choose Your Adventure - We have a lot of great perks for you and we know they're hard to decide between. Therefore, we're letting you take your pick of any 3 perks offered above. This perk also includes early Beta access to the app once it's built.
- $2,000 Travel Dictator - Like to be master of your own travel domain? Have it your way with this perk - you tell us which major airport to build and we will build it. You can also choose from any 3 perks listed above, complete with early Beta access to the app once it's built.
You can donate to our campaign using a credit card or PayPal account (you can use PayPal even if they don't have an account set up).
We want airports NOT to suck. And we know that you do too! If we can take even a little of the agony and stress out of airports, then our lives would be complete!
With your donations and support, we can build an airport app that brings Airports 2.0 directly into your pocket. Help us usher in an age where the airport experience is all about you--your needs, your wants, and your preferences. By launching the tripchi mobile app, we not only give you the content you need when you need it, with information, recommendations and offers, but we also can better advise airports and airport vendors what stores, restaurants and items to put in based on what YOU want. We will help airports develop an airport "brand" that reflects both the local culture and global tastes that you demand, making airports more interesting, plain and simple.
Our team has a solid track record of delivering and executing on our commitments. We have built several companies and worked together on various creative projects, including our video and our campaign.
Other Ways You Can Help
Even if you aren't able to make a donation, there are lots of ways you can still help tripchi:
Be social! Tweet about us. Like us on Facebook. Give a shout out about us to your LinkedIn network and we will give you a shout out in return. You can even use the share tools on Indiegogo to do this.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Retweet our tweet through a single click
- Like us on Facebook and share us on your timeline.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and share our page with others.
Finally, if you love to travel and want to blog about it, we would love to feature you on our blog.
Thank you to all, and happy travels!