The Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival (July 18-29, 2012) is about to be rocked by an amazing show featuring original choreography, music, and animation. TRASHBOT APOCALYPSE: A Love Story tells the story of a world fraught with overconsumption and economic disparity and the inevitability of total destruction of the planet.
Sound familiar? Our own world is on the brink of environmental catastrophes. This play will wake people up to the reality that we will soon face if we continue down our chosen path.
Our team of creative people comes from all artistic disciplines (visual art, animation, modern dance, voguing, electronic music… the list goes on), but we are joined in their desire to tell a story that is inspiring and provocative. And now YOU can play a role in the production, too!
The challenges of creating the show...
Your assistance will help us cover some of our larger costs in the production, including:
- recouping the cost of entering Fringe ($700)
- rehearsal space rental ($800)
- equipment rentals ($1500)
- costume costs (estimated $500)
- artists fees (worth a lot of money… many people are donating large amounts of their professional time to the project, so leftover money would go a long way in supporting Winnipeg artists)
You get stuff too!
Some of the perks you are able to receive in return for helping us out:
- a special thank you in the programme of the show (and video of the show)
- a limited edition still from the animation
- a video of the performance (especially for those of you who can't make it into Winnipeg)
- a CD of Joe Silva's original music for the show
- a DVD of the show, includes a bunch of extra behind the scenes footage
- a personalized shoutout from one of our Doomsayers (to be shouted at Fringe, videorecorded, and posted on Youtube)
- a 3D-printed model of the Trashbot character
- credit as an executive producer for the show
Support the Apocalypse! or, Stop it!
With your help, we can inspire audiences in Winnipeg this summer and spark a desire for change. We accept other forms of assistance, too! In particular you can help by:
- Spreading the word about the show! We want to reach as many people as possible with this production, so tell everyone in Winnipeg and surrounding area to come check us out during Fringe. Tweet it, Facebook it, email it.... every bit helps.
- We also accept creative donations - if you are an animator, artist, graphic designer, etc, we would love to have you join our team!
The Core Team:
- Meghan Athavale - producer, director, animator (www.po-mo.com)
- Kayla Jeanson - producer, director (www.shadling.com)
- Joe Silva - composer (www.joesilva.com)
- Stephanie Corbett - visual artist
- Brenna Cross Klaverkamp - choreographer
- Gregor Krammer - choreographer
- Rachelle Bourget - choreographer
- Mark Medrano - choreographer
- Katrina Grogan-Kalnuk - dancer
- Lulu May - dancer
- Alexandra Winters - dancer
- Frances Young - dancer