Hi, my name is Schalk van der Merwe and I'm one of the Production Managers and 3D Modeler for InSignia Studios, currently working on Total Decay.
Total Decay is the first of its kind, mixing Turn Based Strategy, Role-Playing Game, Empire Building, sandbox and Zombie Survival assets, allowing for massive replayability.
You cannot win in Total Decay; you cannot find a magical cure, you cannot find a miraculous safe haven, and you cannot survive forever. In Total Decay, the only way to end a game is for your settlement to fall and your survivors to die.
Scavenge for food, build defenses, recruit survivors, and equip yourself and your survivors with dozens of different melee and ranged weapons, clothing, and armor. Each survivor has his or her own skills and weaknesses, and they rank their skills up individually. Balance your settlement's needs out, making sure to have enough leaders, scavengers, soldiers, builders, scientists and doctors to allow your settlement to grow and sustain itself without imploding.
Kick out useless survivors, or sell them to slave traders in return for food and equipment. Trade and fight with bandits and other settlements, and hold off against hordes of undead corpses.
The Zombie Apocalypse has come, and you were lucky (or unlucky) enough to survive the first few waves of undead. Other survivors gather around you and look up to you, hoping and begging for you to lead them through the nightmare. Will you be successful, or will the horde and starvation eventually take you too...?
- Dozens of weapons, armor and clothing
- A wide range of random events, ranging from bandit attacks to raiding slavers, travelling merchants to fleeing refugees, or entire zombie hordes breaking down your settlement walls.
- Diplomacy and War with other settlements and bandits
- An unending, procedurally generated city
- Leveling system for each individual survivor
- Dozens of unique buildings that you can upgrade to give you powerful bonuses
What We Need & What You Get
We pay per work done, not per hour, day, week or month:
- We pay $10 per sound effect, and have about 80 sound effects.
- We pay $100 per music track, and have 3 tracks.
- We pay $200 per art piece, and have 3 pieces of art (we're not allowed to use it until it's paid for).
If we have any funding left over, it will go into an account to be used in case of emergencies, or if we need to fund any other aspect of the project (tools, more team members, etc)
Here's a list of things you could get for funding:
- A free copy of the game
- A digital deluxe edition of the game (soundtrack and art included)
- Be thanked in the credits of the game
- Have your name on our website, forever
- Get a free copy of all upcoming InSignia Studios games
Currently, our team has been kind enough to do a bit of work for free, but I don't feel right having them slave over the music, sound and art without being paid something. Helping fund us, even a little, would not only get you rewards, but also a warm fuzzy feeling inside, knowing you helped pay for our member's jobs
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can't help fund, but you'd like to help, don't worry! Here's a few things you can do to help out: