As seen on Perez Hilton, NY Daily News, Fast Company Yahoo, Venture Beat, Digital Style, The Frisky, etc.
Why we ran an Indiegogo Campaign
On March 19, 2013, we won a competition with The Grommet (www.grommet.com) and Google Apps, and as a result, we were asked to do a campaign on Indiegogo! We're so excited about this for two main reasons.One, while we had a recently successful Kickstarter campaign, they didn't let us share our key inspiration behind THINX, and two, after hearing from so many of you, we learned that there were a few specific things you guys would like to see us create.
Exciting reason #1 - Now we can tell the whole story when we couldn't with Kickstarter (they don't allow cause-based funding):
The full story of why we created THINX has two parts.
One, THINX took almost 3 years to develop, and it is the smartest, best-in-class, leak and stain-resistant underwear that thinks of you every day of the month (did we mention that it's anti-microbial, moisture-wicking, comfortable and pretty too?).
Two, THINX is also the most thoughtful pair because it thinks about women and girls in the developing world thru a partnership in Uganda.
Here's what a few of the styles look like ("THINX Classics Trio" reward pictured):
Here are the hidden powers of THINX:
While many of us may have anxiety or embarrassment every month, in other parts of the world lacking the right resources, women and girls face much greater issues.
For instance, girls in the developing world are missing up to a week of school every month and using unimaginable things to manage their monthly cycle like twigs, leaves, newspaper, plastic bags or dirty rags. In the developing world, more than 67 million girls have dropped out of school entirely which overwhelmingly leads to early marriage, pregnancy and a greater difficulty in raising themselves out of poverty.
To help change this, every time you buy a pair of THINX you also help fund the production of 7 washable, reusable pads for a woman or girl in the developing world via our partnership with AFRIpads in Uganda.
This 7-pad kit helps create local jobs and empower the economy while also helping keep girls in school during that time of the month. And if you empower a girl to stay in school, the positive effects are many (see www.thegirleffect.org), and the world begins to change for the better, one life, one family at a time.
Exciting reason #2 - Now we can raise funds to create what you've asked for:
During the Kickstarter campaign, we were able to really listen to our customers and find out more about what you guys would like to see. On the top of our list is the ability to make larger sizes (size 20 and possibly more), a thong style and an eventual sporty style without lace that's great for sports and teens. The more money we raise, the more we'll be able to do!
What We Need & What You Get
To break it down in more detail, we're looking to raise $10,000 so that we can:
- Order enough of the special moisture-wicking and anti-microbial fabric that gives our THINX underwear its special functionality.
- Create thongs because you asked for them.
- Create a variety of sizes up to 22 or 24 because you asked for them.
- Raise funds for an eventual lace-free style great for teens and sports
Top 4 Reasons to Own THINX
1) They can completely replace any need for disposable liners on light days.
2) When you buy one pair, you are directly helping one woman and girl - one with a job, and another to stay in school.
3) They'll be some of the most comfy & well-made undies you'll own and you won't have to worry about embarrassing moments again.
4) You'll help the environment and save $$$ in the long run (see below).
Every girl's MUST-HAVE pair! For beautiful comfort & coverage
- Full coverage in the back for the most protection & zero wedgies
- Low cut & super comfortable stretch-lace waistband
- No muffin-top worries & limited panty lines
- Medium to heavy day/night coverage
- The most low-cut in the front around the waist
- The least coverage in the back that still maintains superior support
- Super comfortable stretch-lace waist & leg bands
- No muffin-top worries & VERY limited panty lines
- Light to medium day/night coverage
THINX by NAVEN
Beautiful high-fashion pair for those who want something special with support and coverage. Limited-edition Kickstarter Exclusive designed by NAVEN, a sought-after designing team in L.A. (did we mention they're also twins?).
- Higher cut with elasticized waist about 2 inches below belly button
- High-end stretch-lace sides for superior comfort & beautiful appeal
- Soft upper band - no muffin top worries & limited panty lines
- For medium to light day/night coverage
- The most revealing in the front around the waist
- The least coverage in the back Super comfortable stretch waist & leg bands
- No muffin-top worries & VERY limited panty lines
- Lightest day/night coverage
Here is the AFRIpad kit that every ONE pair of THINX helps to fund:
One of the many jobs your purchase of THINX helps to create with our partner AFRIpads in Uganda:
Our Track Record
As three female co-founders who face this issue every single month, we deeply understand the value of this product.
The team has also already built successful ventures and has a history of disruptive innovation.
THINX was created and co-founded by three entrepreneurial friends (two of whom happen to be identical twin sisters which makes their co-founding friend Antonia's head spin!). Miki is the founder of WILD (www.eatdrinkwild.com), a farm-to-table pizza concept based in NYC (and soon in downtown Vegas), and Radha is the founder of Super Sprowtz (www.supersprowtz.com), a children's media company that inspires kids to lead a healthier and happier life, also based in NYC. Antonia is a PR/Marketing Executive and classically trained cellist who has been overseeing the production, design and operations of THINX for the last two years.
We're here if you want to reach out!
Thanks for reading, and we're excited to be on this journey together,
Antonia, Miki & Radha xo
Antonia, Miki & Radha
Team behind THINX