Thank you for watching our campaign video above!
Now View the Trailer for the film.
This campaign ended on June 6, 2013, raising about 16% of our funding goal. Many thanks to all who helped!!! We are seeking further funds to complete The Zahir. If you would like to contribute (and still get perks if they are available), please contact the campaign owner directly.
In this magic realist film, a young ambitious academic embarks on a quest to unravel the mystery of a famous British traveler's disappearance in 19th century India. His search for the truth results in encounters with a crazy physicist and an exotic female, which leads him to some other dimension.
We are raising $25,000 to complete principal photography and perform post-production at the highest professional level.
Your contributions will help make our film truly magical!
Olga Holtz, Petr Jankular, William Green, Writer & Director Producer Director of Photography
Ryder Darcy Ramya Vijayan Jay Laurence as Ed Franklin as The Zahir as Professor Espinoza
Saif Ali Sara Muender Beresford Parlett as Rajesh (Schoonover) as Morgan as Colonel Clark
What we Need to Accomplish in Our Film
and what your donations will allow us to do:
- add an additional filming day and hire a professional steadicam operator to film a series of important and very beautiful moving scenes
- acquire special stock footage to enhance the last scene of the film
- finish edit of the film and lock the picture
- hire a professional sound designer to complete sound design, including foley, music and sound effects
- add special VFX shots to bring up the intensity of multiple scenes
- acquire and secure music rights
- create an original graphics design for credits, website, movie poster, DVD cover
- have the movie professionally color graded
- submit this film to domestic and international film festivals
- pay our amazing cast
- organize a screening and reception for you, cast and crew
Why are We Running This Campaign?
Having financed most of this film's production and having reached the limits of our self-financing capabilities, we need your help to complete this film at a level it deserves. Please contribute!
Why is Reaching Our Funding Goal Important?
We need to reach our goal to do justice to all aspects of remaining production and post-production. We have preliminary agreements with highly professional artists, editors and designers. Their work is absolutely crucial -- it separates great films from the mediocre.
What You Get
Please check out our perks! We have great film-related items, many of them signed by the cast and the director: DVD copies of the film, posters, production stills, copies of the script, etc. VIP perks include invitations to a private premiere of the film and executive producer credit.
What if I am Not Interested in Perks?
You can contribute and opt out of perks. Thank you for your generosity!
Will Other People See My Contribution?
You can choose whether or not you want your name and contribution amount to be displayed on the campaign page under the Funders tab. For more details, see How to Contribute to a Campaign.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can’t contribute, that doesn’t mean you can’t help!
- Get the word out and tell your friends and family about our campaign.
- Remember you can use all the Indiegogo share tools.
- And remember to check this site for news and updates!
We are 100% committed to finishing this beautiful and suspenseful short film with a higher meaning. Everybody on our team is excited and dedicated to this project.
It is our promise to you that every penny will be spent to get the absolute best final product.
Thanks for reading thus far. You are a cool person.
Thank you for supporting the living art of film!
Team on This Campaign:
1st Assistant Director
Elliot T Moore
2nd Assistant Director
Director of Photography
1st Assistant Cameraman
On Set Art Director & Continuity
Film & Sound Editor
Production Assistant to Talent
Graphics & Web Designer
2nd Assistant Cameraman
Behind The Scenes Photographer
Stand In for Ramya Vijayan
1st Assistant Cameraman to Steadicam Operator
Behind The Scenes Photographer
Patrick Van Wye