Short SummaryTHE YARDS collaborative art space, located in the heart of Rochester's beloved Public Market, seeks to attract and unify people from all parts of the community through art installations and exhibitions, inspired dinners, performances, mural projects, readings, and education. We are a transformative and flexible space meant to serve as a centralization of local artistic power and collaboration.
We are committed to making art accessible to a greater audience by not staying confined within the walls of the “Gallery” space. We aim to promote art as living and ever changing as it continues to take shape reflecting the talents of the people participating. Our intention is to also extend our network to still further reaches and communities, while making Rochester a more interesting place to live.
What We Need & What You Get
We need your help in raising enough money to keep The Yards going. The Yards is a noncommercial art space. The ideas we have aren't necessarily generating money, but they are allowing people opportunities who wouldn't have the chance or the resources to have a show at a traditional gallery. Our goal is to keep with our pursuit of providing exciting, nontraditional events to the Rochester community. Your contributions will help us keep this space opening by helping us in the following ways:
- Our most basic need is help paying the rent and literally keeping the roof over our head!
- Hosting events requires a lot more panache that simply rent! (check out the gallery to see some of our events) Your donations will help us cover the basics of running a space where people come to enjoy art, food, dancing, and mingling (dishes, cleaning supplies, paint, spackle, toilet paper, etc.)
- Every dollar counts! We really want to reach our goal of $7,000, but every penny we get will go towards keeping The Yards running and bringing you the collaborative events Rochester loves.
And what do you get if you help reach our goal? You get tons of fun, Yards related perks to use to enjoy this amazing space. Help us keep The Yards alive and going strong for another year!
Over the first year of it's existence, The Yard's has brought the Rochester community many exciting events. These events include:
- Gezellig Dinners
- In You Is Home
- Wall Therapy
- Eat Me Ice Cream Social
- Pink Heat
- Poetry and Pie and Deep Fried Poetry Events
- RIT BFA Glass Exhibition
- Arts Bazaars
- Fundraiser for Rochester Skate Park
- Experimental Noise Events
We want to keep this space and our unique contribution to the Rochester art scene going. Please consider being a part of this endeavor!
Other Ways You Can Help
Tell your friends, your family, your coworkers: anyone who might be interested in helping us out:
- Get the word out and make some noise about our campaign!
- Use the Indiegogo share tools on Facebook and Twitter!