The Mary Project
We are Gladiolus Productions and I am Kylie Hitchcock, creator and author of The Mary Project. This story was written from the heart and is a beautiful tale of a friendship between two women from completely different worlds.
We want to bring this story to life because it is important for us to share this compelling tale! Set in the heart of 'The Big Apple' and the Australian Snowy Mountains, the adventure begins in the very first scene of this full-length feature film. You will laugh, frown, and maybe even cry a little... It is a coming-of-age story that everybody can relate to.
By giving to our campaign, you will not only be involved in the creation of a wonderful motion picture, but in addition you will also be contributing to the start-up of a new production enterprise that will be extremely committed to the visual medium. Our company is in the heart of one of the most creative places on earth and in turn that gives us access to an array of highly talented performing artists and very talented crew.
Here are the details:
- We have very carefully established our start-up budget and require $5,000. This will allow us to commence production and to acquire the necessary equipment, source professional crew, register our company, and attain appropriate licensing, insurance, and location fees to start production of The Mary Project!
What do friends of The Mary Project get in return for their money?
Friends of The Mary Project can contribute at all levels:
- $20 friends will receive a digital copy of the film as it first becomes available (expected release summer 2015);
- $35 friends will receive all of the above plus a film credit;
- $50 friends will receive all of the above plus a signed copy of the script (Writer, Cast, Director and Crew);
- $75 friends will receive all of the above plus The Mary Project Poster;
- $100 friends will receive all of the above plus a Skype meet and greet with the actor of their choice;
- $150 friends will receive a digital copy of the film and an extra role in the film (NYC or Australia locations only - travel and accommodations NOT included). You will be fed, get a credit as a FEATURED extra, have your hair and makeup done for set, and hang out with the cast and crew for the whole day. You will be guaranteed screen time in the film;
- $250 friends will get a VIP pass to an advanced screening (travel and accommodations NOT included), receive a digital copy, and a screenplay signed by the Writer, Director, Cast and Crew;
- $500 friends will be given an Associate Producer film credit and will be invited to the official premiere (travel and accommodations NOT included); and
- $1000 friends will be given an Executive Producer film credit and be invited to the official premiere (travel and accommodations NOT included). Plus all other perks.
We highly anticipate reaching this goal, but if we don't - any funds we receive will provide critical assistance to get The Mary Project started!
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can't contribute financially but want to help our project, there are a number of ways you can do this:
- Use your amazing social media skills and know-how to get the word out and make some noise about our campaign on Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites. You can use Indiegogo share tools, as well.
- Film crew professionals (in any medium) can contribute their time and expertise in exchange for a feature film credit. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to work on a fun, professional, and efficient set! We would love to hear from you.
The Mary Project
It can be easy to get stuck, stagnant, and lost. It can also be easy to take a wonderful life for granted. Delayed coming-of-age and untimely circumstances are critical themes that are important in telling this tale. Working through fear and embracing it can be risky, and just when you think you are comfortable with your life - think again. That's why this film is important to us and we are convinced that you will agree when you see The Mary Project.
For now - until the first trailer and principal photography are released, we thank you for your interest and please stay tuned.
Please send any information requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kylie, Orly and Robyn